What is Honeydukes?
The flagship wizarding shop of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade, Honeydukes looks almost exactly like it does in the movie Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and it’s filled with many of the same delicious sweets and candies. Half-candy shop, half-bakery, Honeydukes has expanded into the former Zonko’s Joke Shop to offer even more sugary goodness. The moving window displays and whimsical interior décor are absolutely not to be missed.
Where is Honeydukes located?
Honeydukes – theming
Bright, vivid, and fanciful, Honeydukes is filled with color, from the peppermint-green, frosting-covered shelves to the cacophony of display jars that line the walls. The store design echoes the sweet shops of 1950s Britain (many of which still exist today), down to the Edwardian-revival brass lamps popularized in the late 1960s – with a decidedly magical twist. Each item has its own unique Wizarding World packaging to maintain the otherworldly immersion.
What food and merchandise are sold at Honeydukes?
Candy, candy, and more candy! The (wizarding) world-famous Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans can be found here, but don’t forget Cauldron Cakes, dipped apples, Pumpkin Pasties, and the entire fudge section that sits in the back half of the shop. You can easily spend a half-hour in here just taking in all the different delectable victuals.
Other items include:
- Acid Pops
- Exploding Bonbons
- Assorted Sours
- Chocolate Cauldrons
- Chocolate Skeletons
- Edible Dark Marks
- Fainting Fancies
- Fever Fudge
- Fudge Flies
- Jelly Slugs
- Sherbet Lemon (one of Dumbledore’s favorites)
Honeydukes – OI fun facts
Honeydukes was the only candy shop in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter for five-and-a-half years, until Sugarplum’s Sweet Shop opened in Diagon Alley in 2016.
Make sure to snap a photo with the creepy Eyeball Bonanza machine, which is featured in the films Prisoner of Azkaban and Half-Blood Prince both.
Each Chocolate Frog comes with a collectible wizard card in every box! The original cards featured all four founders of the Hogwarts houses (Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Hufflepuff), but new wizard cards are added into the mix every few years (or so).
Honeydukes – photo gallery
Honeydukes – real guest reviews
Submit your review
- Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Dervish and Banges in Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Flight of the Hippogriff at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Honeydukes at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Ollivanders Wand Shop in Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Owl Post in Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Triwizard Spirit Rally & Frog Choir at Universal’s Islands of Adventure