What is the Owl Post?
In both the Harry Potter books and films, the Owl Post is the bird-led parcel delivery that witches and wizards use to send one another mail. When it comes to Universal Orlando Resort, it’s a little kiosk at which guests can mail their Wizarding World purchases back to their homes in some pretty handsome packaging that is also (lightly) customizable.
Where is the Owl Post located?
What can I mail through the Owl Post?
Almost anything from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (sorry – no muggle items here). With that said, however, there are a few restrictions to keep in mind:
- Delivery addresses must be in the US
- Not all Harry Potter-related items are eligible – food, brooms, and walking sticks don’t make the owl cut
If you’re committed to sending a souvenir via owl post, be sure to check if it’s eligible beforehand.
What merchandise is sold at the Owl Post?
Although the Owl Post is primarily intended for the shipping of the wizarding merchandise that you’ve already purchased at all of the other myriad, wonderful stores in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, there are still a few other items that you can pick up – and mail! – at the shop, such as postcard packs and Christmas ornaments.
There’s a selection of offerings with the mail service, as well. There are two different levels of packaging to send your bundles of joy home in: basic, which includes different (Hogwarts house) colored twine and stamps; and deluxe, which includes wax paper and a seal.
What was the Owl Post in Hogsmeade’s opening date?
June 18, 2010
Owl Post – OI fun facts
- Here, you are able to mail letters with a special Hogsmeade postmark!
- Did you leave the Wizarding World and forget to mail your goodies back home? Worry not! The Port of Entry Christmas Shoppe at the front of Islands of Adventure can provide the same “Owl Post Packaging Services” to you.
Owl Post – photo gallery
Real guest reviews of the Owl Post
Submit your review
- Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Dervish and Banges in Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Flight of the Hippogriff at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Honeydukes at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Ollivanders Wand Shop in Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Owl Post in Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Triwizard Spirit Rally & Frog Choir at Universal’s Islands of Adventure