“We planned our holiday from the crowd calendar and followed your incredible touring plans and had the trip of a lifetime in September.
We cannot thank you enough!” – Patrice L.
“I used the crowd calendar and, indeed, the entire website to plan our first trip to Universal. It is the best tool out there for practical trip-planning, and I will use it again next year!” – Sylvia M.
“We keep this calendar on our fridge and check it before making plans to run over. It’s great!” – Jackie P.
Welcome to our new 12-month Universal Orlando Resort crowd calendar, part of the world’s leading independent resource for Universal vacation planning. Our crowd calendar is just one page in our next-generation encyclopedia of obsessively-updated Universal Orlando vacation-planning info.
Review the calendar legend below to get started. Then scroll down to find the month you are interested in.
By the way, if you like this page, you will definitely want to check out our Universal Snapshot page, which includes an overview of everything that is happening right now at the resort.
NEW: we’ve completely redesigned our calendar to include weather from up to 15 sources, increased accuracy, expected wait times for each date, dynamic content, and more! Learn more here.
PLEASE READ THIS – changes in park hours and other data
Universal does not provide notifications when it changes park hours after they are initially published, which can happen once, twice, or several times each month.
While we work diligently to provide you with the most accurate information possible, the policies and procedures of other businesses may change at any time without notice. Therefore, we’re unable to make any warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the projections and posted information below.
Our very earnest recommendation is that, regardless of what our calendar or Universal’s website shows, please contact Guest Services directly a day or two before you travel to confirm park hours for your visit: 407-224-4233, or toll-free at 1-877-801-9720.
You can view projected wait times, weather, and more
Click on any date to view detailed information about that day, including useful links, the weather forecast, which park Early Park Admission is located at, and our projected maximum wait times.
If Universal has not published park operating hours for a particular month, we provide last year’s hours and put an asterisk (*) next to them.
12-month crowd calendar legend
Theme parks are at their busiest. Expect huge crowds, very long lines for the popular attractions with wait times over 120 minutes, and extended park operating hours. Express Passes are highly recommended and may possibly sell out. Typically, during very busy days, USF and IOA are open until 10:00 pm or later. In addition, the parks may open to the general public at 8:00 am, an hour earlier than usual. (Need a touring plan?)
Theme parks are busy. Expect large crowds and long lines for the popular attractions with wait times between 60 to 90 minutes (lines will be noticeably shorter in the morning and evening). Express Passes are recommended but not necessary with good planning. Typically, during busy days, USF and IOA are open until 9:00 pm. (Need a touring plan?)
Theme parks are moderately busy. Expect ample crowds and long lines for the popular attractions with wait times between 30 and 60 minutes (lines will be much shorter in the morning and evening). Keep in mind that Universal usually performs its routine ride maintenance during moderate and slow periods, meaning that one or two major attractions could be closed – this page lists all ride closures currently scheduled. Express Passes are only recommended for those guests who don’t want to deal with any lines, or who are trying to visit both parks in one day. Typically, during moderate days, USF and IOA are open until 8:00 pm. (Need a touring plan?)
Theme parks are slow. Expect few crowds and minimal lines with wait times for popular attractions 30 minutes or less. Keep in mind that Universal usually performs its routine ride maintenance during moderate and slow periods, meaning that one or two major attractions could be closed – this page lists all ride closures currently scheduled. Express Passes are not recommended. Typically, during slow days, USF and IOA are open until 7:00pm.
Scheduled operating hours for Universal Studios Florida (USF). Please be aware that theme park operating hours may change at any time without notice. If no park hours are listed for a particular date, then Universal has yet to make them available to the public.
Scheduled operating hours for Islands of Adventure (IOA). Please be aware that theme park operating hours may change at any time without notice. If no park hours are listed for a particular date, then Universal has yet to make them available to the public.
Special events, which may require a separate ticket. In this example, Halloween Horror Nights is scheduled from 6:30 pm to 12:00 am.
Last calendar update:
Click on any date to learn more. | Park hours with an asterisk (*) indicate last year’s hours.
Skip the wait to buy tickets at the parks, like SeaWorld®️ Orlando, and pay less when you secure them through Orlando Informer. Get your tickets and save now!
See everything else you’ve been missing
When we say that Orlando Informer is the leading resource for Universal Orlando vacation planning, we’re not just blowin’ smoke. Start your journey through our knowledge by following any link below.
First-time visitors, please read this page:
How to use our FREE online guide to plan your Universal vacation
OI Universal Center table of contents
Overview and Introduction:
- Read guest reviews of Universal or submit your own
- View our daily updates
- 12-month Universal Orlando crowd calendar
- Best Day of the Week to visit Universal Orlando
- Best Time of the Year to visit Universal Orlando
- Which Universal Orlando Theme Park is Better?
- The Best Orlando Theme Parks by Age Group
- How to Save on Flights to Orlando
- How Many Days to Spend at Universal Orlando?
- Maps, Rider’s Guide, & Vacation Brochure
- Universal Orlando Annual Passes – Complete Insider’s Guide
- Accessibility Accommodations
- Universal Vacation Packages – An Insider’s Guide
- Top 10 Easiest Ways to Save Time & Money at Universal
- Ride Wait Times Based on Crowd Levels
- Universal Express Passes – Complete Insider’s Guide
- The Secret to Getting UNLIMITED Express Passes
- Universal Dining Plans – Complete Insider’s Guide
- Dining Reservations at Universal Orlando
- Parking & Universal’s Transportation Hub
- Shuttles, Taxis, & Ride Sharing – Transportation Recommendations
- Orlando Average Monthly Temperatures
- What to Pack for Your Vacation
- What’s Coming to Universal in 2021 and Beyond
These guide pages will give you the inside scoop on how to get the most out of your vacation to Universal Orlando Resort. From internet access to mobile food ordering, all your questions can be answered here. Perusing these pages now will save you countless hours later, allowing you to spend more time on what’s important – your trip!
- Visiting During COVID-19
- Shopping & Merchandise at Universal Orlando
- Ultimate Adult’s Guide to Universal Orlando Resort
- Visiting USF with Kids – Complete Insider’s Guide
- Visiting IOA with Kids – Complete Insider’s Guide
- Visiting VB with Kids – Complete Insider’s Guide
- Virtual Lines at Universal Orlando
- Single-riders’ Lines at Universal Orlando
- Mobile Ordering at Universal Orlando
- Rental & Ride Lockers at Universal
- Characters at Universal’s Theme Parks
- Child Swap at Universal’s Thrill Rides
- Men in Black – How to Max Out Your Score at 999,999
- Refillable Cups, Popcorn Buckets, & Coke Freestyle
- Free Internet Access at Universal Orlando
- Phone Charging at Universal Orlando
- My Universal Photos & Ride Photos
- 20 Ideas for Free or Inexpensive Entertainment around Orlando
- Breakfast at Universal Orlando Resort
- Grocery Delivery in Orlando
- VIP Tour Experience at Universal Orlando
- Ultimate Seating Guide to ALL the Rides
With Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade Village, Universal Orlando changed the game for what it meant to be immersed in a theme park. These guide pages will cover our best insider tips on getting the most out of your visit to the Wizarding World.
- Only Guaranteed Ways to Beat the Crowds at the Wizarding World
- How to Ensure Your Trip to the Wizarding World is a Success!
- Early Park Admission to the Wizarding World – A Complete Guide
- Return Tickets & Standby Line to Enter the Wizarding World
- Interactive Wands & Spell-Casting in the Wizarding World
- Complete Insider’s Guide to Butterbeer
- The Specialty Drinks, Meals, and Desserts of Diagon Alley
- Leaky Cauldron: The Grandest Feast a Wizard Can Have
- Three Broomsticks & Hog’s Head: Drink in the Details
- Shopping & Merchandise at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley
- Shopping & Merchandise at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade
There’s more to do than just rollercoasters! The following guide pages provide information on annual events at Universal Orlando Resort. Check here periodically for updates and news.
- Rock the Universe 2022
- Running Universal Orlando 2021
- Mardi Gras 2022
- Easter 2022
- Fourth of July 2022
- Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (overview & explanation)
- Thanksgiving 2021
- Holidays 2021
- New Year’s Eve 2021
We combined our years of expertise and insider experience to build the best touring plans for you so you don’t have to! Whether you’re staying one day, or all week, we’ve got you covered!
- Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure 1-day Touring Plan
- Ultimate Universal Studios 1-day Touring Plan
- Ultimate Islands of Adventure 1-day Touring Plan
- Volcano Bay Touring Plan
- 3-day Touring Plan for Hotel Guests: Day 1
- 3-day Touring Plan for Hotel Guests: Day 2
- 3-day Touring Plan for Hotel Guests: Day 3
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter Touring Plan
- Bite-Sized Touring Plans
- Design Your Own Universal Orlando Touring Plans
- OI Priority List: Universal Studios Florida
- OI Priority List: Islands of Adventure
Universal Studios boasts The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley, Men in Black, Springfield, U.S.A, and more. Use these guide pages to help plan your ultimate vacation.
- Production Central
- New York
- San Francisco
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
- The Hogwarts Express
- Tales of Beedle the Bard & Celestina Warbeck
- Ollivanders Wand Shop in Diagon Alley
- London waterfront
- Diagon Alley shopping
- Horizont Alley
- Carkitt Market
- Knockturn Alley
- The Leaky Cauldron (quick-service)
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour (quick-service)
- The Fountain of Fair Fortune (quick-service)
- The Hopping Pot (quick-service)
- Eternelle’s Elixir of Refreshment (quick-service)
- London taxi hut (quick-service)
- World Expo
- Springfield: Home of the Simpsons
- Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone
- Park-wide Entertainment
Islands of Adventure features lands such as Seuss Landing, Jurassic Park, and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade Village. That means you can ride The Cat in the Hat, come face to face with dinosaurs, and attend Hagrid’s magical creatures lesson. These pages contain great insider tips and tricks to make sure you have a great vacation.
- Port of Entry
- Marvel Super Hero Island
- Toon Lagoon
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong
- Jurassic Park
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
- Flight of the Hippogriff
- Triwizard Spirit Rally & Frog Choir
- Ollivanders Wand Shop in Hogsmeade
- The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle
- Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle
- The Three Broomsticks & Hog’s Head (quick-service)
- Owl Post
- The Lost Continent
- Seuss Landing
- The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- Oh! The Stories You’ll Hear
- The Cat in the Hat
- If I Ran the Zoo
- Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous (quick-service)
- Green Eggs and Ham Cafe (quick-service)
- Moose Juice, Goose Juice (quick-service)
- Hop on Pop Ice Cream Shop (quick-service)
- Park-wide Entertainment
The water theme park at Universal Studios, Volcano Bay takes your vacation to a whole new level of relaxation and excitement – all in the same day! Go with the flow in a raft, or climb to the top of Krakatau volcano just to slide back down again! But whatever you do – use our guide pages to plan your day at Volcano Bay and maximize your trip.
- Volcano Bay’s TapuTapu – complete guide
- Volcano Bay’s cabana rentals – complete guide
- Volcano Bay tickets – complete guide
- Visiting VB with kids – a complete guide
- Early Park Admission to Volcano Bay
- Complete Guide to Shopping at Universal’s Volcano Bay
- Wave Village
- River Village
- Rainforest Village
Universal’s Epic Universe – complete guide and history (opening expected in 2025)
Epic Universe will be Universal Orlando Resorts’ biggest park, housing three major intellectual properties: DreamWorks Animation, Illumination, and Nintendo.
These guide pages will walk you through everything you need to know about Universal City Walk and all you can find there! With formal dining options, to-go pizza, and even a tattoos parlor, you’ll find what you need (and more) at City Walk.
- Full-service restaurants
- Quick-service restaurants
- Food and beverage carts
- Breakfast options at Universal CityWalk
- Shows and other entertainment
Universal Orlando Resort boasts eight hotels, and each has something the others don’t! Use these guide pages to read about each one and decide which is best for you and your family on your unforgettable vacation.
- Comparing Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: Jet away to the Italian Riviera
- Portofino Bay: Rooms
- Portofino Bay: Public spaces & Harbor Piazza
- Portofino Bay: Mandara Spa
- Portofino Bay: Pool areas
- Portofino Bay: Dining & lounges
- Portofino Bay: Distance from the parks
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando: Live the rock-‘n-roll lifestyle
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort: Your South Seas escape is waiting
- Royal Pacific: Rooms
- Royal Pacific: Public spaces
- Royal Pacific: Pool area
- Royal Pacific: Dining & lounges
- Royal Pacific: Distance from the parks
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: A paradise where blue waterfalls cascade across lush grounds
- Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort: Splash back to the 1950s & ’60s
- Universal’s Aventura Hotel: A sleek and streamlined resort experience
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites: Never-ending fun in the sun, part I
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites: Never-ending fun in the sun, part II
- Hotel discount for annual passholders & the logistics of checking in
- Breakfast options at the hotels
Unfortunately, even good things must come to an end. Universal Orlando Resort opened more than 20 years ago, and in their journey to keep things fresh and updated, sacrifices had to be made along the way! Use these guide pages to read up on the attractions of days gone by.
- Universal Studios Florida
- Twister: Ride It Out
- Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Revue
- Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories
- Terminator 2 3D: Battle across Time
- Superstar Character Breakfast
- Flying Fish Market
- Beverly Hills Boulangerie (quick-service)
- A Day in the Park with Barney
- Shrek 4-D
- Islands of Adventure
- Annual events