In this day and age, theme park guests of all types want to be online and ready to share photos, videos, and the thrills of their vacation. (We don’t blame you – after all, Orlando Informer is on many social networks ourselves, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.) This is especially the case now that Universal Orlando offers free resort-wide wifi. However after all this sharing, we are commonly asked how guests can charge their phone while visiting the resort.
As of August 2015, Universal has a new answer to this. Go Puck is now available for rental at both parks.
What is a Go Puck?
A Go Puck is a lightweight, square-shaped portable charger. It has two USB outputs, 1 amp and 2.1 amps respectively. While they come in two models, the model available for rental at Universal is the 5X. This model has a capacity of 6000 mAh, or in other words, enough juice to charge a small phone (e.g., iPhone 4s) around five times or a large phone (e.g., iPhone 6+) twice.
How much is it to rent a Go Puck?
Currently, Go Pucks are $25.00 for a full day or $12.50 after 3pm. A hold of $80.00 is placed on your credit card, if you don’t return the device it is charged to your card.
Where can I rent a Go Puck?
You may rent the device at Island Traders Market in Islands of Adventure’s Port of Entry area or the Men in Black gift shop at Universal Studios Florida. The device must be return to one of these locations or the CityWalk Universal Store.
Can I buy a Go Puck?
Yes, Universal Studios Florida’s On Location has them for sale at $80.00. Additionally, they are available on Amazon for less.
It’s also worth noting that you may want to consider cheaper, more powerful chargers on Amazon. For example, this 16000 mAh charger.
Can I just use a nearby outlet at the resort to charge my phone?
While it’s unlikely for it to be an issue, outlets at the parks are not for guest use and you may be asked to unplug your device by a TM .
The Set: MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR VACATION
- Shopping & merchandise at Universal Orlando
- Visiting USF with kids – a complete guide
- Visiting IOA with kids – a complete guide
- Rental & ride lockers at Universal
- Characters at Universal’s theme parks
- Child Swap at Universal’s thrill rides
- MIB: How to max out your score at 999,999
- Refillable cups, popcorn buckets & Coke Freestyle
- Free internet access at Universal Orlando
- Phone Charging at Universal Orlando
- Universal Photo Connect & ride photos
- 20 ideas for free or inexpensive entertainment around Orlando