- Sapphire Falls: Rooms
- Sapphire Falls: Public spaces
- Sapphire Falls: Pool area
- Sapphire Falls: Dining & lounges
- Sapphire Falls: Distance from the parks
Welcome to Orlando Informer’s coverage of Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, one of the two preferred on-site hotels at Universal Orlando Resort. We have more photos, videos, and information on this hotel than any other on-site hotel, so buckle in!
Sapphire Falls Resort – general information
Escape to an island jewel in the heart of an incredible adventure at Sapphire Falls Resort. You will be captivated by a vivid retreat that evokes a free-spirited, Caribbean sense of ease with a modern-yet-timeless feel. The unforgettable island escape features 1,000 rooms, 83 of which are suites.
- Address: 6601 Adventure Way, Orlando, FL 32819
- Phone: 407-503-5000; Fax: 407-503-5010
- Official Loews website
- Official Universal Orlando website
- Opened in July 2016
- Property consists of multiple guest towers, all connected
- 1,000 rooms (83 suites)
- Standard rooms are 321 square feet; suites begin at 595 and go up to 1,294 square feet
- Standard rooms have three different view options: standard view, lagoon view, or pool view
- Standard two-queen rooms sleep up to five guests ($25/day rollaway rental needed for fifth person); standard king rooms sleep up to four guests
- Prices for standard rooms range between $199 and $314 per night
- Guest rooms feature tasteful, relaxed design with imaginative touches
- Free wifi for up to four devices per room. Faster wifi for up to eight devices is available for $14.95/day
- Pets are permitted with a $50-per-night fee (maximum of $150 for stays of over three nights). No more than two pets per room
- No club level
- 16,000 square-foot pool with two white-sand beaches, a hot tub, children’s water play area with pop-up jets, and a slide (click here for more info)
- Kalina Health & Fitness: complimentary fitness center for guests
- Calypso game room: enjoy the latest arcade games
- Universal Studios Store: offers sundries, guest necessities, newspapers, and magazines, as well as Universal and hotel logo merchandise
- Four dining options including daily rum tastings, plus 24-hour room service (learn more)
Sapphire Falls Resort – vacation-planning
An important thing to be aware of when planning a stay at Sapphire Falls is that, unlike with its sister preferred hotel, guests do not receive complimentary unlimited Express Pass access. This is widely regarded as the single best benefit of staying at Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, or Royal Pacific Resort (not to mention that complimentary Express Passes hold a value of up to $89 per person, per day compared to buying them separately). In addition, Sapphire guests don’t receive priority seating at select restaurants, a perk that guests of Portofino Bay, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific enjoy.
Universal’s prime value hotel, Cabana Bay Beach Resort, is the other on-site property that doesn’t offer complimentary unlimited Express Pass access. Sapphire Falls Resort does, however, offer benefits over Cabana Bay: 24-hour room service, luggage services, valet parking, a concierge desk, and the fact that pets are welcome. But the biggest advantage is, arguably, the option of using Universal’s water taxis to get to and from CityWalk and the parks (though guests still have the option of using a shuttle or, of course, of walking; it’s about a 15-minute stroll from the hotel to CityWalk, depending on exactly where your room is located on the Sapphire property. To learn more, visit our Sapphire Falls: Distance from the parks page).
The hotel also, of course, offers the following perks that are standard to all Universal Orlando on-site venues:
- Early Park Admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (learn more)
- Complimentary package delivery
- Resort-wide charging privileges with your room key
- Complimentary scheduled transportation to Volcano Bay, SeaWorld, and Aquatica
- Access to the other amenities at Universal’s on-site hotels, including Mandara Spa
- Universal Orlando character appearances every morning in the lobby
And, of course, guests staying at Sapphire Falls Resort will have the opportunity to relax at a paradise where shoes are optional, blue waterfalls cascade across lush grounds, and the invitation to cool relaxation is everywhere.
Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels – seasonal rates
Compare these numbers with our crowd level predictions to find the best time to stay on-site:
Do you have a question about staying at Sapphire Falls Resort? Please let us know by posting in our Universal Community Facebook group.
Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels – cancellation policy
Since all five on-site hotels are operated by Loews, they all feature the same cancellation policy: if you cancel your reservation six or more days in advance, you will receive a full refund. If it’s anything fewer than five days beforehand, however, you will be charged one night’s room rate, plus tax.
Sapphire Falls Resort – video playlist
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: Dining & lounges – photos, details, & more
- Amatista Cookhouse at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – photos, menus, & reviews
- Drhum Club Kantine at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – photos, menus, & reviews
- New Dutch Trading Co. at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – photos, menus, & reviews
- Strong Water Tavern at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – photos, menus, & reviews
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: Pool area – photos, details, & more
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: Public spaces and meeting areas
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: Rooms – photos, details, & more
- Sapphire Falls Resort: Distance from the parks