- Royal Pacific: Rooms
- Royal Pacific: Public spaces
- Royal Pacific: Pool area
- Royal Pacific: Dining & lounges
- Royal Pacific: Distance from the parks
Welcome to the Orlando Informer coverage of Loews Royal Pacific Resort, one of the two “preferred” on-site hotels at Universal Orlando. These pages include extensive information about the resort as well as the largest full-screen, high-resolution photo archive of Royal Pacific Resort available on a single website (over 200 images). Enjoy!
Loews Royal Pacific Resort entrance sign.
Royal Pacific Resort – general information
Kick back and relax under the swaying palm trees of a tropical paradise at Loews Royal Pacific Resort. This AAA 4-Diamond award-winning hotel transports guests to the enchanted isles of the South Seas with lush landscaping, sparkling waterfalls, exquisite wood carvings, and a serene orchid court where the flowers are always in bloom.
- 6300 Hollywood Way, Orlando, FL 32819-7888.
- P: 407-503-3000; F: 407-503-3010; Concierge P: 407-503-3200; Concierge F: 407-502-3202.
- Official Loews website
- Official Universal Orlando website
- View this hotel using the OI custom-made Google map
- Opened in June 2002.
- 1,000 rooms.
- 752 standard.
- 161 water view standard.
- 36 club level standard.
- 26 king suites.
- 8 Jurassic Park kids suites.
- 7 hospitality suites.
- 2 club level king suites.
- 3 club level hospitality suites.
- 2 Presidential suites.
- Rooms start at 335 sq ft.
- Prices for standard rooms range between $244.00 and $419.00 per night.
- Guest rooms exude the warmth and charm of the Islands with bamboo accents, colorful linens of yellow and green, and furnishings that reflect the beauty of the tropics.
- Club Level is located on the top floor (7th) of Tower 3 and includes a 2,000 sq ft private lounge.
- Dive-in movies: Catch the “movie of the week” on a big screen poolside on select nights.
- Poolside activities: From ping pong tournaments, pool basketball and beach volleyball to hula hoop contests and arts & crafts, you’ll find something fun to do poolside for the whole family.
- Shuffleboard, croquet lawn, and ping pong: The whole family can enjoy some friendly competition in one of these favorite recreational games.
- Special events
- Wantilan Luau: Savor the exotic tastes of the South Pacific and enjoy a musical journey through the Polynesian islands at Royal Pacific’s Wantilan Luau. Hula dancers, knife twirlers and fire dancers delight the audience as you feast on a buffet of pit-roasted suckling pig, guava BBQ short ribs, tropical fruits, and desserts. Call 407-503-DINE (3463) for reservations and more information.
- Jake’s Beer Dinner: Over four courses, enjoy select craft beers handpicked by our award winning chefs to be paired with specially prepared entrees and dessert. Tickets are limited and include all taxes, gratuities, ticketing fees and parking. Call 407-503-3200 for more information.
- Signature dining options
- Islands Dining Room: a three-meal restaurant featuring character dining in the evening.
- Emeril’s Tchoup Chop: featuring celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse’s unique take on Asian cuisine. Call 407-503-CHOP (2467) for reservations.
Royal Pacific Resort map.
The story of Jake and Royal Pacific Resort
Loews published a blog post explaining the backstory of Jake, who is the namesake of Jake’s American Bar, and whose (fictitious) adventures in the South Pacific inspired the hotel’s theming.
Jake’s plane is one of the most popular “photo op” spots at Loews Royal Pacific Resort.
But what’s the story? Why’s there a plane parked out on the lagoon? And who’s Jake, anyway? Let us fill you in.
Crystal waters, swaying coconut palms and the tranquil serenity of the South Pacific islands have always captured the soul of man. At Loews Royal Pacific Resort, the story of the Golden Age of Travel unravels, inspired by the transition from a time of the legendary grand old steam liners to the eventual new and innovative age of air travel.
The exotic charm of the islands called out to Captain Jake McNally, a fictitious character who embodies the true spirit of the Golden Age of Travel, inspiring Jake’s American Bar. A highly regarded master pilot and true leader, it was never a surprise to find the Captain on his latest adventures as he island-hopped through the South Pacific. After a tumultuous break-up with his Hollywood starlet fiancée, Jake disappeared. No one exactly knows Captain Jake’s whereabouts today. Rumor has it, he flies around to all the backwater dives of Southeast Asia.
But one thing’s for sure, his vibrant, adventurous spirit lingers. When you kick back, relax and enjoy a few of Jake’s favorite drinks or celebrate at a Beer Dinner in Jake’s American Bar, take a look around, and give a toast to his spirit of adventure that lives on today.
Aside from the actual story, what’s interesting here is that this is actually a different version of the story than the one told to people who work for Universal. It starts out the same, but they’re told that Jake actually fell in love and subsequently broke up with a native of the South Pacific, not a Hollywood starlet. In Jake’s despair over his lost love, he built Royal Pacific Resort as a shrine to her, so that he could live in the states but always be surrounded by the South Pacific and reminded of his one true love.
We think we like the version told to UO employees better.
In any case, definitely make a point of stopping by Jake’s American Bar located downstairs from the hotel lobby, if not to eat and drink, at least to check out all the cool “memorabilia” from Jake’s travels.
Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels – seasonal rates
Compare these numbers with our crowd level predictions (that link will open in a new window) to find the best time to stay on-site:
Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels – cancellation policy
Since all five on-site hotels are operated by Loews, they all feature the same cancellation policy: if you cancel your reservation six or more days in advance, you will receive a full refund. If it’s anything fewer than five days beforehand, however, you will be charged one night’s room rate, plus tax.
Royal Pacific Resort – map
Click any marker to display the attraction or venue name. To scroll or zoom, use the controls on the top-left of the map. You may also switch to different map views by using the buttons on the top-right of the map.