What are the pools like at Portofino Bay Hotel?
Guests of Loews Portofino Bay Hotel are spoiled for choice when it comes to the resort’s three pools: the Beach pool, the Villa pool, and the Hillside pool. Although the Beach pool is the largest and represents the main area for resort activities, the other two pools are worth a visit for some quiet relaxation.
Portofino Bay Hotel – pool amenities
Each pool at Portofino Bay is heated throughout the year (as needed), but the Beach pool has, by far, the most amenities and activities. For the ultimate experience in resort relaxation, guests can rent cabanas at the Beach or Villa pools, which come equipped with a ceiling fan, flat-screen television, a refrigerator stocked with water, soda, and fruit, power outlets to charge your devices, and a personal server (rental prices range from $50 to $400 per day, depending on the season). Read on to learn the ins-and-outs of each pool area!
Portofino Bay Hotel – Beach pool
The Beach pool is an ideal place for the family to spend a day together — slide down the Roman aqueduct-themed waterslide, feel the sand between your toes on the sandy beach, and relax in the sun at the hotel’s largest pool area. Kids and adults alike will enjoy the daily activities, such as ping-pong and hula-hoop contests. The beach pool is the only one to have zero-entry pool access, lifeguards on duty, and the aforementioned aqueduct-themed water slide. Cabanas are also available for rent, though they are limited at this location (consider the Villa pool for more cabana availability).
Portofino Bay Hotel – Villa pool
If you want to get away from the busy fun of the Beach pool, the Villa pool area offers a more exclusive poolside experience with upgraded amenities and lounge chairs. The Villa pool is the perfect place to relax for a couple of hours… or the entire afternoon, basking in the themed surroundings of an Italian villa. Cabanas are also available for rent here, as well.
Portofino Bay Hotel – Hillside pool
Portofino offers yet another smaller pool on the east wing of the hotel, offering a quiet place for contemplation and more privacy. The Hillside pool will appeal to guests with rooms in this area who are looking for a nearby spot to relax.
Portofino Bay Hotel – pool area dining
If you get hungry while hanging by the pool, the Beach pool is the place to be, with the Splendido Bar & Grill serving up burgers, pizzas, sandwiches, and salads – you can even get poolside service with food delivered right to your lounge chair. Splendido also offers sweet treats, along with wine, beer, and cocktails for the adults.
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: Dining & Lounges
- Bar American (full-service bar) at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Bice Ristorante (full-service) at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Gelateria (quick-service) at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Mama Della’s Ristorante (full-service) at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Sal’s Market Deli (quick-service) at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Splendido Bar & Grill (full-service bar) at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- The Thirsty Fish (full-service bar) at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Trattoria del Porto (full-service) at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: Distance From the Parks
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: Pool Areas
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: Public spaces & Harbor Piazza
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: Rooms
- Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel