The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley
Two sentence insider summary
The seedy corner of the wizarding world where the followers of the Dark Arts go shopping, Knockturn Alley functions less as a shopping center, like all the other avenues in Diagon Alley, and more as a walk-through attraction. It’s not to be missed, though: from the expansive Borgin and Burkes to the myriad interactive wand locations to the area’s ceiling, which ensures it’s perpetually dark and foreboding, Knockturn is sure to be one of the most popular sections of the new Wizarding World — and easily the most crowded.
Borgin and Burkes
Second in design and dramatic flourishes only to Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, Borgin and Burkes is not only the anchor of Knockturn Alley, it is its singular store. Here, guests can peruse fascinating and eclectic Dark Arts artifacts, including Death Eater masks, skulls, and other ghastly devices.
Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to thoroughly explore both the shop and its surrounding area, as it is immaculately themed, riddled with hidden touches, and, perhaps best of all, shielded from the unforgiving Florida sun.
What you wish you knew before you experienced it
Just how dark it is! Combined with the effects of moving severed hands, dancing skeletons, and giant spiders, it just may be enough to creep out the youngsters in your party.
OI fun fact
Knockturn Alley’s ceiling features several different projections of the sky, making it seem as though you’re really out in the open instead of being inside. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled above you…
Borgin and Burkes – photo gallery
Knockturn Alley – map
Click any marker to display the attraction or venue name. To scroll or zoom, use the controls on the top-left of the map. You may also switch to different map views by using the buttons on the top-right of the map.
- Carkitt Market at Universal Studios Florida
- Diagon Alley Shopping at Universal Studios Florida
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlor at Universal Studios Florida
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts at Universal Studios Florida
- Horizont Alley at Universal Studios Florida
- Knockturn Alley shopping at Universal Studios Florida
- London waterfront at Universal Studios Florida
- Ollivander’s Wand Shop – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida
- Tales of Beedle the Bard & Celestina Warbeck at Universal Studios Florida
- The Hogwarts Express at Universal Orlando Resort