What is The Incredible Hulk Coaster?
This high-speed roller coaster is arguably the best coaster in Orlando. And, despite its menacing size, it is an extremely smooth ride that you will get pushed into doing once but will then willingly want to do over and over again.
What’s the story? You’re a test subject for General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, who’s attempting to replicate the mad-science accident that transformed Dr. Bruce Banner into the incredible Hulk. After being blasted with gamma radiation, you follow in his unstoppable footsteps and launch into a whirlwind of twists, turns, and drops overlooking Islands of Adventure.
Where is The Incredible Hulk Coaster located?
The Incredible Hulk Coaster – height restrictions and other factors
The Incredible Hulk Coaster – what you wish you knew before you experienced it
This one’s bite is not nearly as bad as its bark. In addition, the coaster launches in front of the bridge leading from Port of Entry to Marvel Super Hero Island, further creating the illusion of immense speed and height. However, in the end, the smooth ride makes Incredible Hulk almost all thrills and surprisingly little fear.
Although we mentioned this already, it should be reiterated that no loose articles are permitted, and Universal means business – there are metal detectors at the entrance of the ride, so there’s no trying to sneak anything on. For the sake of your safety and time, opt for the free ride locker before getting in line and being forced to turn around.
How scary is The Incredible Hulk Coaster?
We rate The Incredible Hulk Coaster five out of five “Hulk smashes!” This ride features seven inversions, a 110-foot cobra roll, and a max speed of 67 mph, along with producing four G’s along the way (the same amount of G’s that a Top Fuel drag racer experiences during launch!). However, it is worth noting that most of the fear happens while you’re anticipating the ride, not when you’re actually on it.
What was The Incredible Hulk Coaster’s opening date?
May 28, 1999
The Incredible Hulk Coaster – OI fun facts
- The length of The Incredible Hulk Coaster’s track is 3,700 feet, and the ride time is two minutes and 15 seconds.
- Its launch takes you from zero to 40 mph in two seconds flat.
- That launch uses so much power, the city of Orlando refused to let Universal tap into its power grid; as such, the company had to install on-site turbines that generate enough energy to propel the coaster up its launch hill every 20 seconds.
- Hulk was featured in the 1999 film House on Haunted Hill, taking on the name Terror Incognita.
- The coaster underwent an 11-month makeover, reopening in August 2016 with an all-new track, lighting package, on-board audio, and more. (For the full scoop, click here.)
- Fall Out Boy’s Patrick Stump composed the score for the refurbished ride.
The Incredible Hulk Coaster – photo gallery
The Incredible Hulk Coaster – real guest reviews
Submit your review
I am scared of roller coasters. I hate drops and the anticipation of going up a hill gives me a panic attacks. I psyched myself out of going on this ride for three years and I wish I hadn’t missed out. My husband made me do it because I can’t stop watching YouTube videos of it. I was scared to death in the line but when I got off of it I said it was my favorite ride ever and I went on it two more times that day. I cannot wait to go on it at least 6 to 7 times in a row next time I visit Universal. I am so glad that I conquered my fear - this is my new favorite ride in the world
great roller coaster, really enjoy the fast start out of the tunnel, is always a favorite and top rated roller coaster in the country,you have to ride it at least once in the front row, even if you are afraid of heights, you get shot out of the tunnel so fast you don't have time to have any fear
This ride is incredible. I'm a coaster enthusiast and this ranks way up there on the 'will definitely ride again' ride-o-meter.
This is my FIRST STOP when I come to Islands of Adventure!! I love rollercoasters! The sound that emits from this coaster is INCREDIBLE! I love sitting in the back row! My favourite part is when riders are launched out , like a pinball machine!
If you are NOT a rollercoaster person and gets sick easily, I wouldn't recommend this. Even for me, my head hurts a bit when I get off. But it's so worth it!!
The Incredible Hulk Coaster is the smoothest, yet heart-pounding roller coaster in Island of Adventure. The beginning is my favorite part too where the acceleration is ridiculously rapid fast. It has everything that roller coaster enthusiasts love and enjoy about coasters in loops, corkscrews and speed. This is the 1st ride that I must get on every time I enter this park. It's usually the coaster I like to finish the day off with too. I can't get enough of the Incredible Hulk Coaster because it's mean, green and one gnarly machine!
- Cafe 4 (quick-service) at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Captain America Diner (quick-service) at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Doctor Doom’s Fearfall at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Marvel Character Dinner at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Storm Force Accelatron at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure