The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley
Two sentence insider summary
Horizont Alley may have only half of the stops that Diagon Alley contains, but its locations are some of the most wonderful in all of the new Wizarding World – particularly Gringotts Wizarding Bank, home to both Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts and Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment. And some of the most intriguing merchandise available at any theme park in the world just so happens to reside here…
List of stores
- The Fountain of Fair Fortune – a little bar tucked in the corner off Horizont Alley, the Fountain of Fair Fortune offers a wide selection of drinks that can also be found in the Leaky Cauldron, including Butterbeer (regular, hot, frozen, and ice-cream), Fishy Green Ale, Wizard’s Brew, Dragon Scale, and draught beer.
- Magical Menagerie – one of the coolest-looking stores in Diagon Alley, Magical Menagerie offers a plush version of nearly every single creature ever seen in the novels/films, including “fat white rabbits that transform to and from a silk top hat.” See what we mean about unique wares?
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment – the gift shop for Escape from Gringotts, Wiseacre’s carries such “wizarding necessities” as crystal balls, telescopes, and hourglasses, as well as house-specific accessories.
- Scribbulus Writing Implements – on tap here are feather quills, parchment paper, journals, as well as what is our favorite piece of theme park merchandise ever conceived: a Howler which allows you to record your own 15-second message.
What you wish you knew before you experienced it
All of Horizont’s shops carry items both well-known and obscure – so make sure you carefully re-read all those books and re-watch all those movies in order to ensure you get all the references and in-jokes.
OI fun fact
Wiseacre’s used to be one of the many fake storefronts over in Hogsmeade before Diagon Alley opened. It has since been remade into Madam Puddifoot’s Tea Shop.
Horizont Alley – map
Click any marker to display the attraction or venue name. To scroll or zoom, use the controls on the top-left of the map. You may also switch to different map views by using the buttons on the top-right of the map.
- Carkitt Market at Universal Studios Florida
- Diagon Alley Shopping at Universal Studios Florida
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlor at Universal Studios Florida
- Globus Mundi at Universal Studios Florida
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts at Universal Studios Florida
- Horizont Alley at Universal Studios Florida
- Knockturn Alley shopping at Universal Studios Florida
- London waterfront at Universal Studios Florida
- Ollivander’s Wand Shop – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida
- Owl Post at Universal Studios Florida
- Tales of Beedle the Bard & Celestina Warbeck at Universal Studios Florida
- The Hogwarts Express at Universal Orlando Resort