Hard Rock Hotel – general information
Live like a rock-‘n-roll superstar at the exciting Hard Rock Hotel, one of Universal Orlando Resort’s premier hotels and a AAA four-diamond award winner. Guests will enjoy world-class accommodations, a wealth of recreation options, and exceptional dining.
Hard Rock Hotel is the closest resort to Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure, which is perfect for resort relaxation and theme park adventuring. Opened in January 2001, the hotel’s mission-revival architecture (as seen on the Eagles’ Hotel California album cover) offers striking interiors accented with over $1 million worth of rare rock memorabilia, and homages to music legends abound.
- Address: 5800 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819-7888
- Phone: 407-503-ROCK (7625); Fax: 407-503-ROLL (7655)
- Official Hard Rock website
- Official Universal Orlando website
At only 650 rooms, the Hard Rock Hotel is a more intimate experience than some of the larger hotel properties (such as Royal Pacific Resort or Sapphire Falls – both home to 1,000 guest rooms), but has all the amenities and room types you would expect from a premier-level hotel:
- 41 standard-view rooms
- 346 garden-view standard rooms
- 102 pool-view standard rooms
- 16 deluxe king rooms
- 26 deluxe double queen rooms
- 86 club level standard rooms
- 12 All-American music-themed kids’ suites
- 10 king suites
- Two club level kids’ suites
- Four club level deluxe king
- Two club level king suites
- Two hospitality suites
- One Graceland suite
All standard rooms have a trendy color scheme of grey and natural wood tones, with pops of orange accents and decorative pillows that exhort guests to “be nice.” Rooms start at 375 square feet, and prices for standard rooms range between $314 and $554 per night.
As a Hard Rock guest, you can take advantage of several music programs, including “tracks.” which lets you stream celebrity-curated playlists, “wax” offers a Crosley turntable with 10 iconic records, and – coolest of all – borrow one of twenty Fender guitars, delivered to your room, complete with amplifier.
The seventh floor of the hotel hosts most of the club level rooms, with a 1,500 square foot Rock Royalty private lounge where guests can enjoy a continental breakfast or evening hors d’oeuvres. Pets are permitted with a $100 pet fee in a pet-friendly room category.
Hard Rock Hotel boasts two-full service restaurants and more. The Kitchen has one of the most popular breakfast buffets at Universal, but serves up American favorites all day, every day, starting at 7:00 am. If you’re visiting for Sunday brunch, unplug and enjoy some tunes at The Kitchen’s Acoustic Sunday Brunch from 10:30 am – 2:00 pm. The other restaurant is technically a chain, but The Palm brings its legendary New York steaks Nova Scotia lobsters, and superb service to the heart of Orlando.
If you’re looking for a quick bite or a sweet treat, head to Emack & Bolio’s Marketplace for their famous ice cream, Starbucks coffee, grab-and-go snacks, and more. Lounging by the pool? Check out beachclub, where you can get table – or pool-side service. Velvet Bar is the place to see and be seen while relaxing with a cocktail and is also host to the popular Velvet Sessions on the last Thursday of each month. Finally, if you just don’t feel like leaving your hotel room, 24-hour room service is available to all guests.
Hard Rock Hotel – pools and public spaces
Entering the lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel feels like entering the foyer and living room of a rich and famous rockstar. Although the oversized portraits of legendary musical geniuses are certainly the most eye-catching, there are tributes and memorabilia, both big and small, scattered throughout the public areas and hallways. Other public spaces include:
- The pool area at Hard Rock has one of the coolest features of all the resort pools – rock music underwater! Other perks at this heated pool include a zero-entry white sand beach, a 260-foot slide, and activities for the whole family, such as ping pong and hula-hoop contests. Check with the concierge for the schedule of activities, as the pool area often hosts live bands or DJs, and dive-in movies on select nights.
- Sound Body is Hard Rock’s fitness center, where you can work out to some tunes, or request a free Rock Om yoga kit, complete with yoga mat, which can be used either at the gym or in the privacy of your own room using one of three on-demand yoga videos on the resort TV.
- Have some digital fun at the hotel’s game room and arcade, located next to the pool.
- Find souvenirs for your adoring fans at Rock Shop, Hard Rock Hotel’s gift shop which features classic Hard Rock apparel and gifts and musically-inspired collections. Look up to see live feeds from Hard Rock locations from around the world.
- Walking and jogging paths around the resort
- Get some serenity now at the outdoor Butterfly Garden
What are the top vacation planning tips for Hard Rock Hotel?
As with all premier resorts, Hard Rock Hotel offers unlimited Express Passes to all guests, pet-friendly rooms, water taxi transportation, and preferred seating at select restaurants in the Universal parks and CityWalk, as well as the perks found at all Universal Orlando resort hotels, including:
- Early Park Admission
- Complimentary package delivery to your room
- Resort-wide charging privileges with your room key
- Complimentary scheduled transportation to SeaWorld and Aquatica
- Access to the other amenities at Universal’s other resort hotels, including the pool areas (this excludes the pool areas at Endless Summer Resort and is subject to change, so please verify when you make your reservation). For more on pool-hopping around Universal Orlando, please see our adventures in pool-hopping article.
Since all resorts located at Universal Orlando are operated by Loews, they all feature the same cancellation policy: if you cancel your reservation six or more days in advance, you will receive a full refund. You will be charged one night’s room rate plus tax if it’s anything less than five days beforehand.
How much does it cost to park at Hard Rock Hotel?
As with all Universal Orlando Resort hotels, Hard Rock charges a parking fee for both day guests and those staying at the hotel overnight. Hotel guests pay $28 (plus tax) per vehicle per night for self-parking; valet is $37. For anyone visiting during the day, five minutes or less is complimentary, up to 30 minutes is $10, and anything over that is $45 for the day.