What was Fievel’s Playland?
Fievel’s Playland, based on the 1986 animated film An American Tail and its 1991 sequel, Fievel Goes West, was filled with oversized props and lots of opportunities for running, jumping, and climbing. This Wild West-themed area even included a 30-foot spider web, rope-net bridges, and a 1,000-gallon cowboy hat.
Where was Fievel’s Playland located?
Fievel’s Playland – height restrictions and other factors
Fievel’s Playland was accessible to all. Express Pass access was not offered, as this was an open play area with no queue.
Fievel’s Playland – what you wish you knew before you experienced it
This attraction was designed for children old enough to tackle large playground equipment.
How scary was Fievel’s Playland?
We rated Fievel’s Playland zero out of five cowboy mice in terms of fear factor. While offering sizeable slides, bridges, and stairs for children to conquer, there were no scary or intense aspects to this attraction.
Fievel’s Playland Dates of Operation
1992 to January 15, 2023
Fievel’s Playland – OI fun fact
This playland was home to one of the park’s lesser-known rides: a 200-foot water slide. Children could plunge down this three-story slide on their own or share a raft with an adult.
Fievel’s Playland– photo gallery
Fievel’s Playland – real guest reviews
Submit your review
If you are an adult on the slide, your entire backside will get completely drenched. Be aware of this fact. It is unavoidable!
The play are is nice, extremely representative of the movie, though the source material is lost on just about everyone.
We found Fievel's Playground on our first visit to the park in November. My sons were 8 & 9 when we visited and they loved this area! We were there at night and I think they had the whole place to themselves! They climbed anything that could be scaled, flashed down the slides, and even hopped on the flume ride, although the ride operators were wearing jackets! Beware: the seat of your pants will get wet from sitting on the raft.
As I wrote this review, my son saw the pictures and said, "Can we go there again?! I liked the slides!"
Perfect play area for my then 2 year old. She never wanted to leave the ball pit area. Also a favorite was the little mini bounce house. There was also some net climbing areas and that "water" ride. Preferred this play area over the Suess play area in IOA for my toddler.
The grandkids liked taking a break and playing for awhile. It was fun watching them climb on all the oversized toys. There is a chance to get wet so be warned.
This is a good place to let your kids burn off some of the wiggles that build up while they have been waiting in numerous lines for what seems to them like hours.
Parents, beware of the raft waterslide ride thing. Kids that go on it won't get wet, but if you go on it with your kid you will have a wet butt at the end. We sat and watched this while our kids played and it never failed. 🙂
- A Celebration of Harry Potter 2018 – complete insider’s guide
- A Day in the Park with Barney at Universal Studios Florida
- Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Revue at Universal Studios Florida
- Beverly Hills Boulangerie (quick-service) at Universal Studios Florida
- Blue Man Group at Universal CityWalk Orlando
- Caribbean Carnaval at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Curious George Goes to Town at Universal Studios Florida
- Dragon Challenge at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- DreamWorks Destination at Universal Studios Florida
- Emeril’s Orlando at Universal CityWalk Orlando – full menu, HD photos, & details
- Fear Factor Live at Universal Studios Florida
- Fievel’s Playland at Universal Studios Florida
- Flying Fish Market at Universal Studios Florida
- Fusion Bistro Sushi & Sake Bar at Universal CityWalk Orlando – full menu, HD photos, & details
- Halloween 2020 at Universal Orlando Resort – complete insider’s guide
- Honk Honkers (candy store) at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Poseidon’s Fury at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Shrek 4-D at Universal Studios Florida
- Superstar Character Breakfast at Universal Studios Florida
- Terminator 2 3D at Universal Studios Florida
- The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- the groove at Universal CityWalk Orlando – full menu, HD photos, & details
- Twister: Ride It Out at Universal Studios Florida
- Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration at Universal Studios Florida
- Universal Orlando’s Q-Bot Ride Reservation System
- Universal Studios’ Classic Monsters Cafe (Quick-Service)
- Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular at Universal Studios Florida
- Universal’s Summer Concert Series – complete insider’s guide
- Williams of Hollywood at Universal Studios Florida
- Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster at Universal Studios Florida