“We planned our holiday from the crowd calendar and followed your incredible touring plans and had the trip of a lifetime in September.
We cannot thank you enough!” – Patrice L.
“I used the crowd calendar and indeed the entire website to plan our first trip to Universal. It is the best tool out there for practical trip
planning and I will use it again next year!” – Sylvia M.
“We keep this calendar on our fridge and check it before making plans to run over. it’s great!” – Jackie P.
Welcome to our new 12-month Universal Orlando crowd calendar, part of the world’s leading independent resource for Universal Orlando vacation planning. Our crowd calendar is just one page in of our next-generation ENCYCLOPEDIA of OBSESSIVELY UPDATED Universal Orlando vacation planning info.
Review the calendar legend below to get started. Then scroll down to find the month you are interested in.
By the way, if you like this page, you will definitely want to check out our Universal Snapshot page, which includes an overview of everything that is happening right now at the resort.
Last calendar update:
September 21, 2016
NEW: We’ve completely redesigned our calendar to include weather from up to 15 sources, increased accuracy, expected wait times for each date, dynamic content, and more! Learn more here.
PLEASE READ THIS – changes in park hours and other data
Universal does not provide notifications when they change park hours after they are initially published, which can happen once, twice, or several times each month.
While we work diligently to provide you with the most accurate information possible, the policies and procedures of other businesses may change at any time without notice. Therefore, we’re unable to make any warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the projections and posted information below.
Our very earnest recommendation is that, regardless of what our calendar or Universal’s website shows, please contact Guest Services directly a day or two before you travel to confirm park hours for your visit: 407-224-4233 or toll-free 1-877-801-9720.
You can view projected wait times, weather, and more
Click on any date to view detailed information about that day, including useful links, the weather forecast, which park Early Park Admission is located at, and our projected maximum wait times.
If Universal has not published park operating hours for a particular month, we provide last year’s hours and put an asterisk (*) next to the hours.
Theme parks are at their busiest. Expect huge crowds, very long lines for the popular attractions with wait times over 120 minutes, and 1extended park operating hours. Express Passes are HIGHLY recommended and may possibly sell out. Typically, during very busy days, USF & IOA are open until 10:00pm or later. In addition, the parks may open to the general public at 8:00am, an hour earlier than usual. (Need a touring plan?)
Theme parks are busy. Expect large crowds and long lines for the popular attractions with wait times between 60 to 90 minutes (lines will be noticeably shorter in the morning and evening). Express Passes are recommended but not necessary with good planning. Typically, during busy days, USF & IOA are open until 9:00pm. (Need a touring plan?)
Theme parks are moderately busy. Expect ample crowds and long lines for the popular attractions with wait times between 30 and 60 minutes (lines will be much shorter in the morning and evening). Keep in mind that Universal usually performs its routine ride maintenance during moderate and slow periods, meaning that one or two major attractions could be closed – this page lists all ride closures currently scheduled. Express Passes are only recommended for those guests who don’t want to deal with any lines, or who are trying to visit both parks in one day. Typically, during moderate days, USF & IOA are open until 8:00pm. (Need a touring plan?)
Theme parks are slow. Expect few crowds and minimal lines with wait times for popular attractions 30 minutes or less. Keep in mind that Universal usually performs its routine ride maintenance during moderate and slow periods, meaning that one or two major attractions could be closed – this page lists all ride closures currently scheduled. Express Passes are not recommended. Typically, during slow days, USF & IOA are open until 7:00pm.
Scheduled operating hours for Universal Studios Florida (USF). Please be aware that theme park operating hours may change at any time without notice. If no park hours are listed for a particular date, then Universal has yet to make them available to the public.
Scheduled operating hours for Islands of Adventure (IOA). Please be aware that theme park operating hours may change at any time without notice. If no park hours are listed for a particular date, then Universal has yet to make them available to the public.
Special events, which may require a separate ticket. In this example, Halloween Horror Nights is scheduled from 6:30pm to 12:00am.
Click on any date to learn more. | Park hours with an asterisk (*) indicate last year’s hours.
See everything else you’ve been missing
When we say that Orlando Informer is the leading resource for Universal Orlando vacation planning, we’re not just blowin’ smoke. Start your journey through our knowledge by following any link below.
- Maps, Rider’s Guide & vacation brochure
- Attraction Assistance & Guest Assistance Passes
- Universal vacation packages – an insider’s guide
- Top 12 easiest ways to save time & money at Universal
- Ride wait times based on crowd levels
- Universal Express Passes – complete insider’s guide
- The secret to getting UNLIMITED Express Passes
- Universal’s Q-bot Ride Reservation System
- Universal Dining Plans – complete insider’s guide
- Dining reservations at Universal Orlando
- Parking & Universal’s transportation hub
- Shuttles, taxis & towncars: Transportation recommendations
- Orlando average monthly temperatures
- What to pack for your vacation
- Shopping & merchandise at Universal Orlando
- Visiting USF with kids – a complete guide
- Visiting IOA with kids – a complete guide
- Rental & ride lockers at Universal
- Characters at Universal’s theme parks
- Child Swap at Universal’s thrill rides
- MIB: How to max out your score at 999,999
- Refillable cups, popcorn buckets & Coke Freestyle
- Free internet access at Universal Orlando
- Phone Charging at Universal Orlando
- Universal Photo Connect & ride photos
- 20 ideas for free or inexpensive entertainment around Orlando
- Only guaranteed ways to beat the crowds at the Wizarding World
- How to ensure your trip to the Wizarding World is a success!
- Early Park Admission to the Wizarding World – a complete guide
- Return tickets & standby line to enter the Wizarding World
- Interactive wands & spell-casting in the Wizarding World
- The specialty drinks, meals, and desserts of Diagon Alley
- Leaky Cauldron: The grandest feast a wizard can have
- Shopping & merchandise at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley
- Shopping & merchandise at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade
- Forbidden Journey: Ultimate unofficial guide
- The very best way to experience Forbidden Journey
- Dragon Challenge: Secrets of the queue
- Three Broomsticks & Hog’s Head: Drink in the details
- A Celebration of Harry Potter 2016
- Mardi Gras 2016
- Summer Concert Series
- Halloween Horror Nights 2016 (Overview & explanation)
- Thanksgiving 2016
- Holidays 2016
- New Year’s Eve 2015
- Rock the Universe 2016 – Coming Soon
- Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure 1-day touring plan
- Ultimate Universal Studios 1-day touring plan
- Ultimate Islands of Adventure 1-day touring plan
- 3-day touring plan for on-site guests: Day 1
- 3-day touring plan for on-site guests: Day 2
- 3-day touring plan for on-site guests: Day 3
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter touring plan
- Design your own Universal Orlando touring plans
- OI Priority List: Universal Studios Florida
- OI Priority List: Islands of Adventure
- Production Central
- New York
- San Francisco
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
- The Hogwarts Express
- Tales of Beedle the Bard & Celestina Warbeck
- Ollivander’s Wand Shop – Diagon Alley
- London waterfront
- Diagon Alley shopping
- Horizont Alley
- Carkitt Market
- Knockturn Alley
- The Leaky Cauldron (quick-service)
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlor (quick-service)
- World Expo / Springfield USA
- Fear Factor Live
- MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack
- Welcome to Springfield USA
- The Simpsons Ride
- Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
- Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck (quick-service)
- Duff Brewery (limited-service bar)
- Moe’s Tavern (limited-service bar)
- Simpsons Fast Food Blvd – overview
- Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone
- Skull Island: Rein of Kong
- Port of Entry
- Marvel Super Hero Island
- Toon Lagoon
- Jurassic Park
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade
- Lost Continent
- Seuss Landing
- Shows & other entertainment
- Comparing Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: Jet away to the Italian Riviera
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando: Live the rock ‘n roll lifestyle
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort: Your South Seas escape is waiting
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort: Splash back to the 1950s & 60s
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: A paradise where blue waterfalls cascade across lush grounds. (Opening July 14, 2016)
- On-site hotel discount for Annual Passholders & the logistics of checking in