All of the rides at Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure accommodate a system called Child Swap, also referred to as Kid Swap or Baby Swap. This allows younger guests to skip a ride (either because they are not tall enough or they do not want to go), and gives everyone else in the party an opportunity to ride, without people in the party having to go through the attraction’s queue twice.
Here is an example of how it works: Mom, Dad, Older Brother, and Younger Brother want to go on a ride, but Younger Brother is not tall enough. They all enter the ride queue together and walk to the loading area. Then, Mom and Older Brother go on the ride first while Dad and Younger Brother wait to the side. When the ride is over, Mom and Older Brother wait with Younger Brother while Dad rides. Then everyone exits the attraction together.
To use the system, inform the ride attendant stationed in front of the ride’s entrance that you would like to use Child Swap. It is important to ask before you enter the queue because each ride handles Child Swap a little differently. Some rides have separate rooms, other rides have designated areas, and one or two rides may have a separate line depending on just how busy the parks are when you visit.
Forbidden Journey Child Swap room – HD video
The following video shows you the loading/unloading area and the Child Swap room at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. The area is very dark, so unfortunately the video is also quite dark. I recommend that you view it full-screen if possible. Click the play button to start the video.
- 20 ideas for free or inexpensive entertainment around Orlando
- Character Meet and Greets at Universal Orlando – complete guide
- Child Swap at Universal Orlando’s thrill rides
- Internet Access at Universal Orlando – complete guide
- Lockers at Universal Orlando – a complete, up-to-date guide
- Men in Black: Alien Attack – How to max out your score at 999,999
- My Universal Photos & ride photos at Universal Orlando – complete guide
- Phone Charging at Universal Orlando – complete guide
- Refillable cups, popcorn buckets, and Coke Freestyle at Universal Orlando – complete insider’s guide
- Shopping and merchandise at Universal Orlando – complete, up-to-date guide
- Visiting Universal Studios Florida with Kids – complete, up-to-date guide
- Visiting Universal’s Islands of Adventure with kids – a complete, up-to-date guide