The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley
Two sentence insider summary
While the bulk of Carkitt Market is devoted to the large stage for the Wizarding World’s live entertainment, there are still several stops to be made in this covered shopping mall. Oh, and be sure to keep your eyes peeled – some of the best and most inventive facades are located here, replete with some of the most entertaining interactive experiences.
List of stores
- Gringotts Money Exchange – exchange your worthless Muggle money for wizarding bank notes, which can be used anywhere in Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure to purchase snacks and merchandise. The money exchanger himself is a fully interactive audio-animatronic goblin. (Note: you do not need to use wizarding money in Diagon Alley; the bank notes are just for souvenirs or to use as gift certificates throughout the parks.)
- The Hopping Pot – a drink stand with an outdoor seating area. The Hopping Pot serves refreshments that are similar to the Fountain of Fair Fortune over on the other side of the new Wizarding World, including Butterbeer, Otter’s Fizzy Orange Juice, and Peachtree Fizzing Tea. For more information about these drinks, see our Diagon Alley food & drinks guide.
- Wands by Gregorovitch – wares in this legendary wand maker’s shop include a wide assortment of character wand replicas. Think of this as the wand cart over in Hogsmeade – it’s a smaller, stripped-down version of Ollivander’s, perfect for when you want to get in, purchase your wand, and get out, with no bells or whistles (or lines).
- Shutterbutton’s Photography Studio previously called Carkitt Market home, but about a year following Diagon Alley’s opening it has been moved to the main street.
- Sugar Plum’s Sweet Shop – replacing Shutterbutton’s old location is this sweets shop.
What you wish you knew before you experienced it
This is an excellent place to grab a drink, sit a spell, and watch a show (or two). Moreover, it is arguably the loveliest part of Diagon Alley when the crowds thin out a bit!
OI fun fact
Looking to get out of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley? The exit is located here (right next to Sugar Plums’), and it’ll take you out through the facade of Wyndham’s Theater.
Pay special attention to the owls in this area, who occasionally turn their heads.
Carkitt Market – map
Click any marker to display the attraction or venue name. To scroll or zoom, use the controls on the top-left of the map. You may also switch to different map views by using the buttons on the top-right of the map.
- Carkitt Market at Universal Studios Florida
- Diagon Alley Shopping at Universal Studios Florida
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlor at Universal Studios Florida
- Globus Mundi at Universal Studios Florida
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts at Universal Studios Florida
- Horizont Alley at Universal Studios Florida
- Knockturn Alley shopping at Universal Studios Florida
- London waterfront at Universal Studios Florida
- Ollivander’s Wand Shop – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida
- Owl Post at Universal Studios Florida
- Tales of Beedle the Bard & Celestina Warbeck at Universal Studios Florida
- The Hogwarts Express at Universal Orlando Resort