Here’s what you need to know for the week of August 9.
1. Halloween Horror Nights fully announced
It’s on! Four houses were announced this week along with two live shows and all five scare zones. The Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin, SCarey: Horror in the Heartland, Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth, and Revenge of the Tooth Fairy were all released. Lots of new merchandise was also released throughout the parks as well. Halloween Horror Nights starts Friday, September 3.
2. New Halloween store opened at Islands of Adventure
All Hallows Eve Boutique quietly opened in The Lost Continent, but it’s made an impact on us. This store provides a beautiful, quaint shopping experience for guests to get into the Halloween spirit with its immersive and aesthetic displays. Other developments in The Lost Continent this week are the walls now up around Poseidon’s Fury. No word yet on what is going on behind those walls.
Here’s a peek inside the boutique.
3. Passholder Appreciation Days
From August 16 – September 30, Universal Orlando celebrates their passholders. Members of the UOAP family can go pick up their commemorative magnets (while supplies last) at the UOAP Lounge or at Toon Extra in IOA. Passholders gets a number of perks and discounts over the next few weeks. But the best perk, as far as we are concerned, are the food options. Try the vegan pizza tots at Green Eggs & Ham Café, or the Coastal Refresher rum and Cointreau cocktail at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort.
4. Disney Updates
Lots of news out of Walt Disney World this week, so we will try to get through this as quickly as possible.
- The first round of 50th Anniversary merchandise has been released. Items can be found at the Emporium in Magic Kingdom, Bay View Gifts at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and World of Disney at Disney Springs. You can also purchase items online.
- The long-awaited Space 220 Restaurant at EPCOT finally has an opening date. Disney announced that the immersive dining experience will begin in mid-September ahead of the October 1st 50th anniversary kick off.
- Further details on the 50th anniversary “Beacon of Magic” moments have been revealed. The song “The Magic is Calling” will connect all the icons – Cinderella Castle, the Tree of Life, Spaceship Earth, and Tower of Terror – of each park as they illuminate the night.
5. Save and Sea
Ready for your next thrilling getaway? SeaWorld Orlando is running a deal – buy one ticket, get one half off that ends tonight. With everything going on this fall, it’s a deal you don’t want to miss out on. Electric Ocean, Beer Fest, and Halloween Spooktacular are all seasonal events that are included with park admission. In fact, every year, tens of thousands of guests utilize Orlando Informer to save time and money on their vacation.
Check out today’s deals on theme park tickets.
6. Details of Howl-O-Scream Orlando and Tampa Bay fully released
Trick, or treat? Howl-O-Scream at SeaWorld Orlando and at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay released the rest of what to expect this fall. Howl-O-Scream at SeaWorld has a total of four houses, four scare zones, four themed bar experiences, two live shows, and three roaming haunts. Howl-O-Scream Tampa Bay promises five houses, a mammoth eight scare zones, a roaming haunt, and two live shows.
Don’t want to miss out? Click here for tickets.
That’s it for this week’s news. See you at the parks!