What is EPCOT International Festival of the Arts?
EPCOT International Festival of the Arts is a seasonal celebration of art, music, performance, and art. Guests can participate in workshops, chat with artists, watch musical performances, make selections from a delicious food menu, explore merchandise and art galleries, pose in photo ops, view exhibits, and partake in eclectic and artistic cuisine. Get ready to immerse yourself in Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and Culinary Arts all festival long.
Where does EPCOT International Festival of the Arts take place?
Primarily around World Showcase, with a few activities located in World Celebration, World Discovery, and World Nature.
When is EPCOT International Festival of the Arts?
The festival runs from January 13 through February 20, 2023.
How do I purchase tickets for EPCOT International Festival of the Arts?
Your normal theme-park ticket to EPCOT gives you access to the majority of the activities at the International Festival of the Arts. Food and drink require a separate purchase. Additionally, you must have a Disney Park Pass reservation for the day you plan to visit.
As we await additional news on additional details regarding the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts, please enjoy the information below regarding 2022’s events.
Performing arts highlights of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts
If you’re visiting EPCOT for Festival of the Arts this year, captivating performances can be found across the park. Fill your eyes and ears with these impressive and artistic displays of these international acts, found all around World Celebration, World Discovery, World Nature, and World Showcase. Check your EPCOT guidebook for times and dates.
- Art Defying Gravity – gymnasts and acrobats take to the sky in an imaginative aerial performance. (World Showplace)
- JAMMitors – part custodians, part performers, these creative percussionists are EPCOT favorites. (World Celebration)
- Visual Art in Performance – painting and performance art collide as a guest visual artist paints your favorite Disney characters in a fast-paced and fun show (World Showplace).
- Chalk Art – marvel at the work of imaginative chalk artists, then get involved in making your own masterpiece. (World Discovery)
- DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series – Each evening, Broadway singers will present three shows featuring beloved and well-known songs. (America Gardens Theatre)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series
Experience live performances from different pairs of DISNEY ON BROADWAY stars every two weeks all festival long. Performances are held daily at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM, and 8:00 PM at the America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase. DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series will take place all festival long from January 14 to February 21, 2022.
2022 Concert Schedule
January 14, January 16-17, and January 20-21
Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs of Disney’s Aladdin on Broadway
January 15, January 18-19, and January 22-23
Kerry Butler of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast on Broadway
Telly Leung of Disney’s Aladdin on Broadway
January 24, January 26-27, January 30-31, February 3-4
Heidi Blickenstaff of Freaky Friday and Disney’s The Little Mermaid on Broadway
Robert Creighton of Disney’s Frozen on Broadway
January 25, January 28-29, February 1-2, February 5-6
Kara Lindsay and Dan DeLuca of Disney’s Newsies on Broadway
February 7, February 9-10, February 13-14, February 17-18
Ashley Brown of Disney’s Mary Poppins on Broadway
Josh Strickland of Disney’s Tarzan on Broadway
February 8, February 11-12, February 15-16, February 19-20
Kissy Simmons of Disney’s Lion King on Broadway
Michael James Scott of Disney’s Aladdin on Broadway
February 21, the final night of Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts
Extended Finale Featuring Ashley Brown, Josh Strickland, Kissy Simmons, and Michael James Scott
DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series Dining Package
In the mood for dinner and a show? Choose from four participating EPCOT restaurants offering the DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series Dining Package! Enjoy a lunch or dinner reservation during your festival day and secure a seat for one of the DISNEY ON BROADWAY concert series performances on the same day.
Participating restaurants for this dining package include Biergarten Restaurant at the Germany Pavilion, Coral Reef Restaurant at the Living Seas, Garden Grill Restaurant at The Land Pavilion, and Rose & Crown Dining Room at the United Kingdom Pavilion. Lunch or Dinner reservation includes an appetizer, an entree or one full buffer (where applicable), and a non-alcoholic beverage.
Visual arts highlights of the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts
Visual arts highlights of the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts
With exhibitions, demonstrations, and design-your-own merchandise stations, you can watch or participate in visual artistry every day at this annual event.
Artful Photo Ops
Be a part of famous pieces of art from all over the world with these unique PhotoPass opportunities around the World Showcase. Here’s every Artful Photo Op at the festival this year.
- An homage to Frida Kahlo (Mexico Pavilion)
- Birth of Venus – Sandro Botticelli (Italy Pavilion Courtyard)
- Café Terrace at Night and Sunflowers – Vincent van Gogh (Bridge to World Showcase)
- Luncheon of the Boating Party – Pierre-Auguste Renoir (International Gateway)
- Mona Lisa – Leonardo da Vinci (Between Italy Pavilion and Germany Pavilion)
- Peter Pan Storybook (Bridge to World Showcase)
- The Scream – Edvard Munch (Between Italy Pavilion and Germany Pavilion)
- Washington Crossing the Delaware – Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze (The American Adventure Pavilion)
Interactive experiences and activities
- Animation Academy – channel your inner animator as an animation artist guides you step-by-step on how to draw Disney character classics. Shows begin each day at 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM. (America Gardens Theatre)
- Artful Photo Ops – strike a pose in any number of famous paintings. Smile next to Mona Lisa, let your scream out in The Scream, and sail away in Washington Crossing the Delaware (World Showcase).
- Chalk Full of Character – search for colorful chalk drawings of your favorite Disney characters (World Showcase).
- Drawing on Inspiration: Celebrating 50 Years of Magic – marvel at creative depictions of various Walt Disney World attractions illustrated by Disney Imagineers from all over the world. (World Celebration near Creations Shop)
- Expression Section: A Paint-by-Number Mural – get your paint on as you take part in a larger-than-life paint-by-number experience. (World Nature)
- Kid’s Chalk Art – get creative with chalk, designing an artistic masterpiece with the entire family. (World Nature near The Land)
- Kidcot Fun Stops – your little Rembrant can paint his own masterpieces at these fun stations. (World Showcase)
- Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt – the loveable EPCOT mascot is hiding inside works of art. Purchase a map and stickers inside the park and search for the Figment-themed picture frame. Once you’re done, return your map for a surprise. (World Showcase)
- Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine – earn a colorful culinary treat while going on a food journey and receive stamps in your Festival Passport.
Visit these World Showcase exhibits to get a taste of cultural artistic expressions:
- Art of Disney – American Adventure Pavilion
- An homage to Frida Kahlo – Mexico Pavilion
- Stave Church Gallery – Norway Pavilion
- House of the Whispering Willows – China Pavilion
- Bijutsu-kan Gallery – Japan
- Creating Tradition: Innovation and Change in American Indian Art – American Adventure Pavilion
- Race Against the Sun: Ancient Technique to Modern Competition – Morocco Pavilion
- Tale as Old As Time: French Storytelling on Stage and Screen – France Pavilion
- Peter Pan Storybook – Bridge to World Showcase
Merchandise and artist galleries
- Art of Disney – visit this outstanding art gallery for art prints, original artwork from featured Disney artists, and International Festival of the Arts merchandise (American Adventure Pavilion).
- Festival Marketplace – chat with visiting artists from around the world as they create Disney artwork right before your eyes (located throughout World Discovery, World Celebration, World Nature, and World Showcase).
- Disney Art Festival Market – meet visiting Disney artists from Walt Disney Imagineering and Yellow Shoes Creative Group and see their Disney-inspired works of art. Learn more about the process and get your art personalized! (Throughout World Discovery, World Celebration, World Nature, and World Showcase)
- Festival Merchandise – browse exclusive Festival of the Arts merchandise to commemorate your visit. You’ll find pins, tees, spirit jerseys, and masks featuring the event logo (Creations Shop and locations around World Discovery, World Celebration, World Nature, and World Showcase).
Visiting artists and studios
Explore the unique artistry of these visiting art studios and vendors, who are situated throughout Future World and World Showcase):
- Wyland Galleries
- Marvel Fine Art by Choice Collectibles
- POP Gallery
- ACME Archives
- James Coleman Studios
- WonderGround Gallery
- Thomas Kinkade Studios
- Disney Fine Art by Collectors Editions
What are the culinary arts choices at the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts?
Chefs wow us with creative cuisine at each festival studio. Here’s a rundown of the festival studios to expect at Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts this year. (Note that availability may be limited and items may change without notice.)
- The Artist’s Table – savory plates prepared using oven and stovetop techniques are the specialty here. Enjoy Beef Wellington while enjoying sipping a chocolate flight (The American Adventure).
- NEW! The Craftsman’s Courtyard – flavors of the California coast debuted at the festival this year. Try a parsley salad with cast iron-seared steelhead trout or savory, cast icon-roasted P.E.I. mussels with garlic, fresh herbs, and sauteed tomatoes. (Near Disney Traders)
- NEW! Deco Delights – stop by this new festival booth for a sweet escape. This booth features decadent mousse desserts inspired by Art Decor and the roaring 20’s. Both the Dulce Chocolate Mousse and Orange Mousse are presented as works of culinary art. (Near Port of Entry)
- The Deconstructed Dish – a deconstructed (that is to say, ingredients served as individual elements) key lime pie or BLT can be found here. They also feature a deconstructed beverage, a deconstructed apple pie a la mode, made with apple-cinnamon gelato, streusel, apple pie filling, and cinnamon apple cider. (Near Port of Entry)
- The Donut Box – sample delicious donut-inspired works of culinary art that are perfect to pair with a cold fashion coffee cocktail. (Near Test Track presented by Chevrolet)
- El Arista Hambrienio – sail down a menu of Mexican-inspired cuisine. Carne asada, huarache verde, and taco de chocolate await you (Mexico).
- Funnel Cake – grab a delectable funnel cake topped with cherry ice cream at this stand
- Goshiki – say konnichiwa to creative Japanese flavors. Enjoy chicken kushaige or the sushi donut – donut-shaped sushi that features salmon, tuna, shrimp, cucumber, and sesame seed on a plate (Japan).
- Gourmet Landscapes – dine on artfully composed dishes from the finest ingredients, such as wild mushroom risotto or blood orange-braised beet carpaccio. (Canada).
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company – Select specialty brews at the various Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company stands around EPCOT, including such treats as the Mocha Masterpiece Cold Brew: a sweet creamy cold brew topped with whipped cream and chocolate puffs.
- L’Art de la Cuisine Francaise – from Moelleux aux Noisettes et Chocolats Valrhona to Créme de Brie en Petit Pain (think cheese in a bread bowl), these treats from France are magnifique (France).
- L’Arte di Mangiare – with everything from prosecco to chianti flowing into your glass, this taste of Italy also serves imaginative bites (Italy).
- Refreshment Outpost – Refreshment Outpost offers a simple but memorable menu. Drop by for a vegan hot dog, jumbo chocolate chip cookie, or a refreshing beer. (near Disney Traders)
- Refreshment Port – Pair your artist palette jumbo chocolate chip cookie with an all-new Blood Orange Cosmo. (near Canada)
- The Painted Panda – the flavors of China spring up in dishes like char siu pork buns and “panda” bubble tea or Chinese-inspired cocktails. (China).
- Pastoral Palate – hearty dishes like red wine-braised beef short rib and wild boar cassoulet, inspired by rustic settings where Bavarian Folk Art was painted. (Germany)
- Pop Eats – pop in for modern art-inspired eats: tomato soup with grilled cheese (an Andy Warhol homage) and the pop’t art, a sugar cookie with strawberry filling. (Near Port of Entry)
- Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina – with two new dishes, Morocco offers a plant-based option and a delicious dessert item. (Morocco)
- Vibrante & Vívido – perfectly plated authentic Colombian cuisine inspired by the Disney animated film Encanto—like house-made empanada or spicy ajiaco soup. (between Morocco and France)
Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine
Taste your way around EPCOT International Festival of the Arts on the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine. This tasty stroll highlights five colorful dishes from the festival food booths – each representing a different color. As you try the participating plates, have your festival passport stamped. Once you’ve collected five stamps, head back to Deco Delights near Port of Entry to claim your reward!
Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine Featured Foods:
- Red: Blood Orange-braised Beet Carpaccio with Mustard Vinaigrette, Pickled Clamshell Mushrooms, Golden Beets and Crostini (Gourmet Landscapes)
- Green: Deconstructed Key Lime Pie featuring flexible Key Lime Curd, “Key Lime” Mousse, Graham Cracker Cake, and Meringues (The Deconstructed Dish)
- Yellow: House-made Chorizo and Potato Empanada with Turmeric Aïoli and Annatto Aïoli (Vibrante & Vívido: Encanto Cocina)
- Orange: Pan-seared Scallops with Vanilla-Butternut Squash Purée, Brown Butter Cauliflower Purée and Lime Foam (The Artist’s Table)
- Pink: Vanilla Donut with Strawberry Sugar, Strawberry Ice Cream, Fresh Strawberries and Strawberry Gelée (The Donut Box)
- Reward: The Artist Palette Cookie (Deco Delights)
This activity is fun for the whole family and can be completed at your leisure by the last day of the festival, February 21, 2022.