Move out of the way, Willy Wonka. Toothsome Chocolate Factory is coming to Universal Orlando later this year.
UPDATE: Toothsome’s name has been updated and the restaurant is beginning to take shape! Take a look here.
What is Toothsome? It’s the latest original concept restaurant to be announced for Universal Orlando’s CityWalk and replaces the closed NBA City restaurant.
As reported by Orlando Informer back in August, the replacement will focus on chocolate and sweets. Modesto Alcala, VP of Revenue Operations and mastermind behind the complete overhaul of CityWalk’s offerings, shared some of the milkshakes that will be offered on Universal’s official blog:
- Chocolate x5: An explosion of chocolate with chocolate spirals, chunks, ice-cream and whipped cream.
- Bacon Brittle: A fun twist on a breakfast favorite with bacon ice cream, bacon brittle, chocolate covered bacon and bacon caramel.
- Espresso Buzzzz: A coffee lover’s dream with coffee ice-cream and chocolate covered beans.
- Red Velvet: A milkshake topped with a Red Velvet cupcake… enough said.
- Key Lime Pie: We’ve taken this classic Florida dessert and turned it into a delicious shake. You’ll even get a slice of pie on top!
Modesto went on to share that the restaurant will also feature equally enticing sundaes, like Salted Caramel Flan, Chocolate Brownie Bark, and S’mores.
Just as your mother always requested, you’ll want to eat your main course before you skip to dessert. That’s why Toothsome Chocolate Factory will also feature “unique twists on classic steak, seafood and pasta entrees, gourmet burgers, sandwiches, incredible salads, all-day brunch, and so much more.”
The restaurant’s design itself? The Universal executive says it’ll “transport you into a 19th century-inspired Steampunk chocolate factory. You’ll indulge your appetite amidst towering smoke stacks, funky gadgetry, and staff wearing unique Steampunk fashion.”
We’ll be talking even more about Universal’s forthcoming Chocolate Factory on Episode 37 of the Orlando Informer podcast, which will be released this Thursday, March 17! Until then, take a look at some more of the renderings and food that awaits you later this year below.