Last month at our Orlando Informer meetup, I had the opportunity to share with a lot of our community that we would be launching a redesigned main site and updated forum soon. Today, we’re excited to debut both.
All of the changes involved in both of these new developments are a direct result of your feedback. Our team took feedback we’ve heard throughout the year and worked hard to implement as much of it as possible.
Orlando Informer Blog/OI Center
- Significantly faster: We carefully engineered the redesign with website speed in mind. Most pages load on an average of 2 seconds.
- Focus on images: Our new design adds an emphasis on the photographs found within each article. This was a purposeful decision after hearing our readers’ feedback.
- One page articles: One of the most common requests we receive was to make all of our articles one page. Ask and you shall receive.
- Mobile friendly: With more and more of our readers visiting on mobile devices, we wanted to make sure you had an experience equal to our desktop readers.
- Facebook commenting system: Our blog and forum are once again separate from each other. We still welcome discussion of our articles on our forums, but comments for each article will be located directly below it and utilize your Facebook account.
- Dedicated OI Podcast section: We’ve put together a special dedicated page for our weekly vacation planning podcast.
- Universal Snapshot: Following its hiatus, we’re bringing back our Universal Snapshot page. This page will feature all time-relevant news from Universal and list all the updates we make to our OI Center.
Check out the redesigned Orlando Informer.
Orlando Informer Forum
The fastest growing Universal community forum just got better.
- Completely rewritten software: Our forum software was rewritten from the ground-up with the modern web in mind. The forums now look great whether you’re on a desktop or mobile device.
- Mentions: You can now tag any member of our community in a post by using the @ symbol and their name.
- Automatic embedding: Content you post from YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram will now automatically embed.
- Drag-and-drop uploading: Include images in your post simply by dragging them into the editor upload area.
- and more: Our forum update adds an endless amount of features that take our community to the next level.
All our forum community is missing is you. Join the almost 4,000 members who have already registered for free today!
Over the coming weeks, we’ll be asking randomly selected readers to provide feedback on our redesign. However, if you have feedback you’d like to share now, we invite you to contact us.
Thank you for your continued support. More soon!