Announced to the public for the first time this morning, NBC Sports Grill & Brew is officially headed to CityWalk later this year, replacing NASCAR Sports Grille, which closed in November (and which is picking up its stakes and moving over to Daytona).
While neither a full menu nor a specific opening date has been revealed thus far, a goodly number of details have, painting a good picture of what guests can expect this fall:
- 90 HD TVs scattered throughout the restaurant.
- Over 100 beers to choose from, ranging from craft beers to regional brews to an exclusive draft.
- More than 75 items on the menu, from the standard (burgers and steaks) to custom creations (crab scotch eggs).
- Continues CityWalk’s newfound focus on open kitchens and, in this particular case, open fire grills, allowing guests to watch their food be prepared all around them.
- Seating includes an outdoor beer garden.
- Building exterior is covered by large HD screens – including a massive stadium screen more than 100 feet wide above the entrance – broadcasting games to passersby.
“This new restaurant represents our vision of delivering the ultimate sports dining experience,” Modesto Alcala, VP of Revenue Operations for CityWalk, said on Universal’s official blog. “It’s like crossing your favorite sports restaurant with stadium VIP suites. Fans of all types will be able to enjoy the very best food alongside award-winning NBC Sports coverage.”
More than replacing NASCAR as the dining/shopping/entertainment district’s sporting venue of choice, NBC Sports Grill & Brew is notable for continuing the style of (culinary) theming that the company has spent the past five years perfecting at its two theme parks: the restaurant’s “exclusive beer” sounds suspiciously similar to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley’s Dragon Scale and Wizard’s Brew, while the outdoor beer garden may have a thing or two in common with Springfield, USA’s Duff Gardens. If nothing else, it’s intriguing to see the company play with CityWalk’s theming, making it something of a convergence of its various design principles.
Most exciting of all, however, is how this announcement caps off an entire month’s worth of grand reveals and revelations. Be sure to check them all out below:
Also leave your thoughts about NBC Sports Grill & Brew, specifically, and Universal’s best month ever, generally, below. What else is there left to announce?
Planning a vacation to Orlando?
Want to skip all the work and just price out a vacation to Universal Orlando? We’ll find the best deals for you – for free (seriously.) Learn more, or check out some of the current deals: