1. Halloween Horror Nights Keeps Growing
I know it’s the top story each week, but we are just so excited for the return of Halloween Horror Nights. After last week’s full lineup announcement, all bets are off for development and preparation, and so far, things look great. This week saw a number of tents put up around the park, and they look to be thematically decorated to each of the houses. No official word yet on what these stations will function as. Additionally, more merchandise (including an amazing Frankenstein shirt from the Artist Signature Series) was put out at the Five and Dime in Universal Studios Florida and at All Hallows Eve Boutique in the Lost Continent of Islands of Adventure.
Ready for Halloween Horror Nights? Us too! Hope to see you there!
2. Go grab a pint, D’oh!
Ok, we admit it, it might not be breaking news. But it is a little tidbit we thought you’d be interested in but might have missed through the week. Dufftoberfest is on draft at Duff Brewery in Springfield at Universal Studios Florida. Swing by the bar to pick up a pint (and maybe a giant donut on the way?) next time you’re strolling through that section of the park.
3. Phenomenal Cosmic Powers….Itty Bitty Living Space
That’s what Disney promises in Disney Genie, a service coming to the existing MyDisneyExperience App and Disneyland apps this fall. There was a lot of information released this week, and it’s a lot to decipher, we know. Here are five takeaways you can digest right now:
- Disney Genie will be a free service
- Disney Genie will act as a one-stop shop for all your Disney day needs (providing itinerary building, accommodating dining reservations, making personalized suggestions, and more)
- Disney Genie will be free, but will also be available in the form of Disney Genie+ for a per-day, per-guest service fee of $15 at Walt Disney World Resort
- Disney Genie+ will give guests access to Lightning Lane (FastPass function)
- Disney Genie+ will provide guests at Walt Disney World Resort with audio experiences and additional photo augmentation.
Here’s everything we know so far about Disney Genie and how it will function.
4. When You Wish Upon a Star
It’s finally happening! Cirque du Soleil will return to Disney Springs November 18. Inspired by the magic of Disney animation, Drawn to Life will be the first-ever collaboration between Cirque du Soleil, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Walt Disney Imagineering. In this show, beautiful drawings come to life from an animator’s sketches. We know you won’t want to miss this! Tickets are already on sale here.
That’s it for this week’s news. See you at the parks!