The first part of a massive expansion coming to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge at Walt Disney World is now open. The Geyser Point Bar & Grill officially opened its doors today and features a full service bar and a quick service restaurant featuring breakfast, lunch and dinner.
A variety of small plate options can be purchased at Geyser Point Bar as well, including crispy fried oysters with miso tartar sauce; edamame with chili salt; cheesy barbecue brisket with house-made chips; “Shrimp on a Wire” with miso-lime vinaigrette, togarashi (Japanese spice mixture), shishito peppers and chili-aioli; salmon rillettes with sourdough crisps, and handcrafted charcuterie.
Over at the quick service restaurant, guests can choose from a variety of options, including:
- Bison burger with Tillamook Cheddar, sweet onion straws and marionberry barbecue sauce
- Classic bacon burger with Tillamook Cheddar
- House-smoked turkey sandwich with cranberry mayonnaise
- Lump crab cake sandwich with house-made Canadian bacon and spicy cabbage-carrot slaw
- Grilled salmon BLT with lemon-caper mayonnaise
- Salad with grilled Portobello, zucchini, roasted red peppers, tomato and multi-grain salad with goat cheese dressing
- Grilled chicken or salmon with arugula and romaine, apples, seasonal berries, hazelnuts and red wine vinaigrette
- Seasonal fruit plate with lavender honey yogurt
- Dessert options include a seasonal pie and a chocolate brownie mousse with caramel popcorn and toasted meringue
For the kids, you have Grilled chicken strips with dipping sauces, apple or veggie sticks or a Finger Food Sampler with sliced smoked turkey, Tillamook Cheddar, spiced apple jam, grape tomatoes and sourdough crisps.
Other areas of Wilderness Lodge expansion getting a facelift include the Hidden Springs Pool area, which is scheduled to open later this summer.