On this page you’ll find our totally up-to-date one-stop-shop for everything that is currently happening at Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure, and all of Universal Orlando Resort! (Yeah, this is a good page to bookmark.)
By the way, we’re very happy to let you know that this is just one page out of over 200 we have in our next-generation encyclopedia of obsessively updated Universal Orlando vacation planning info.
Want even more updates? Sign up for our free newsletter or join us on any of these social networks:
Last Updated: February 10, 2016
For your convenience, all links on this page will open in a new window.
Tweeting live from Universal Orlando
We visit Universal multiple times every month to bring our fans live in-park photo updates direct from Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure! To see all of our photo updates as they happen, we invite you to follow us on Twitter.
Current promotions & resort-wide changes
Ticket price increases
Universal has increased the price of almost all of their online ticket options. Increases range from 3-15%. Learn more here.
Free $150 hotel dining credit
If you book your stay at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Universal’s preferred on-site hotel opening this July, by May 31, 2016 you could be eligible for a $150 hotel dining credit. This offer is valid for travel from July 14 – December 15, 2016. It is not valid near Thanksgiving (November 23 – 26). Minimum 4-night stay required. To book, contact Orlando Informer Travel.
Florida and Georgia Residents get up to 3 months free on any Annual Pass
You can receive 3 additional months free when you purchase a preferred or premier pass. Guests purchasing a power pass receive 1 additional month for free. This offer is valid for new purchases only, must be purchased and activated by April 18, 2016. Offer requires a Coca-Cola UPC code or promo code from specially marked Wendy’s cups (available 2/29-4/16). Full details.
3rd Day Free for U.S. and Canada Residents Returns
Now through April 12, 2016 U.S. and Canada residents can buy a 2-day park-to-park ticket ($194.99) and get the 3rd day free. Must be used in full by May 31, 2016.
Universal’s next generation water theme park is well under construction and will begin to wow guests in 2017. Learn more
Upcoming annual events & special celebrations
Mardi Gras 2016: February 6 – April 16
Laissez les bons temps rouler! (Let the good times roll!) Mardi Gras returns to Universal Studios Florida now through April 16. The free concert lineup this year is strong, boasting acts varying from Fall Out Boy to Diana Ross. Additionally, this year’s event introduces four new floats in the parade. You can see the full lineup and details in our complete guide.
Hard Rock Live
Located at Universal CityWalk, Hard Rock Live is a multi-use performance center that features a variety of acts, from pop and rock artists, to stand up comedians, to special events both public and private. Because Hard Rock Live has dozens of events scheduled at any one time, we aren’t able to list them here – so be sure to check out their website to see if one of your favorite acts will be on-site when you’re on-site!
Universal Studios Florida
Fast & Furious: Supercharged – Disaster! A Major Motion Picture Ride, starring YOU closed on September 8, 2015 and Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue closed on January 5, 2016 to make way for this new attraction opening in 2017. Learn more
Race through New York starring Jimmy Fallon – Twister… Ride it Out closed on November 2, 2015 in order for construction to begin on this new attraction opening in 2017. Learn more
Diagon Alley – JAWS and its home on Amity Island were closed permanently on January 3, 2012, to make way for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley, which officially opened July 8, 2014. This ‘London’ portion of the Harry Potter story features new shops, a themed restaurant, and two new attractions: Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts Bank simulator experience and a real Hogwarts Express running between ‘London’ and the original Wizarding World of Harry Potter over at Islands of Adventure. Visit our Insider’s guide to the Wizarding World to learn so, so much more.
The list above is only a summary of the current attraction refurbishments, openings, and closings at Universal Studios Florida. For a complete list of the park’s attractions, scroll to the bottom of this page or visit the OI Universal Center table of contents.
Islands of Adventure
Popeye, Ripsaw Falls, Jurassic Park Annual Maintenance – Good news, Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges just wrapped up its annual maintenance. Bad news, Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls will not be falling now – February 13. Finally, Jurassic Park River Adventure will not be operating from February 15 – March 4.
The Incredible Hulk Coaster – This headline attraction is currently closed. It will reopen in the summer of 2016 with a new track, completely refreshed queue experience, and more. You can learn more by clicking here.
Skull Island: Rein of Kong – King Kong is preparing to make his return to Universal Orlando Resort in this brand new attraction that will be located in between Toon Lagoon and Jurassic Park. You’ll navigate perilous jungles, explore ancient temple structures, and encounter hostile natives – and that’s only the beginning. Skull Island opens in summer of 2016. Learn more
The list above is only a summary of the current attraction refurbishments, openings, and closings at Islands of Adventure. For a complete list of the park’s attractions, scroll to the bottom of this page or visit the OI Universal Center table of contents.
Eight new venues in 2014 – Resort officials completed the largest expansion in CityWalk history in 2014, which included the addition of eight new venues: The Cowfish (burgers and sushi), Antojitos (Mexican), Vivo (Italian), Hot Dog Hall of Fame, Red Oven (pizza) , Bread Box (sandwiches), Cold Stone (ice-cream), and Menchies (frozen yogurt).
NBC Sports Grill & Brew – Opening in fall 2015, this family friendly sports-centric dining venue has one of the largest menus at Universal and plenty of TV screens. See our complete coverage (including the red carpet grand opening), our top 5 mouthwatering recommendations, or the top 5 delectable desserts at the new restaurant.
NBA City – This restaurant, one of CityWalk’s very first tenants, closed its doors on August 16, 2015. Its replacement, which should open in the fall of 2016 hasn’t been announced yet, but we have a guess on what it may be.
Looking for CityWalk events? They are included in our Events section near the top of the page — skip up there.
For more information about Universal CityWalk, scroll to the bottom of this page or visit the OI Universal Center table of contents.
Loews on-site hotels
Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – On September 9, 2014, Universal announced its fifth on-site hotel. The new property, a paradise where blue waterfalls cascade across lush grounds, features 1,000 guest rooms geared towards families and convention attendees. The hotel opens on July 14, 2016. Complete coverage
Loews Royal Pacific Resort Room Upgrade – This hotel is wrapping up a complete remodeling of their rooms. The new rooms are a pretty substantial departure from the previous color scheme and design.
Cabana Bay Beach Resort Expansion – 400 new rooms are coming to Universal’s prime value hotel. The new towers will open in 2017 and be located next to Universal’s water theme park that is opening in the same year. Due to the expansion, guests staying in Cabana Bay’s current towers are being offered complimentary valet.
Looking for hotel events? They are included in our Events section near the top of the page — skip up there.
The list above is only a summary of the current projects relating to the Loews on-site hotels at Universal Orlando. For complete details about these properties, including over 700 full-screen photos, check out the links below or visit the OI Universal Center table of contents.
Do you have a question about the information on this page, would like to provide feedback, or did you spot an inaccuracy? Please let us know by posting in the OI Forums.
See everything else you’ve been missing
When we say that Orlando Informer is the world’s leading resource for Universal Orlando vacation planning, we’re not just blowin’ smoke. Start your journey through our knowledge by following any link below.
- Maps, Rider’s Guide & vacation brochure
- Attraction Assistance & Guest Assistance Passes
- Universal vacation packages – an insider’s guide
- Top 12 easiest ways to save time & money at Universal
- Ride wait times based on crowd levels
- Universal Express Passes – complete insider’s guide
- The secret to getting UNLIMITED Express Passes
- Universal’s Q-bot Ride Reservation System
- Universal Dining Plans – complete insider’s guide
- Dining reservations at Universal Orlando
- Parking & Universal’s transportation hub
- Shuttles, taxis & towncars: Transportation recommendations
- Orlando average monthly temperatures
- What to pack for your vacation
- Shopping & merchandise at Universal Orlando
- Visiting USF with kids – a complete guide
- Visiting IOA with kids – a complete guide
- Rental & ride lockers at Universal
- Characters at Universal’s theme parks
- Child Swap at Universal’s thrill rides
- MIB: How to max out your score at 999,999
- Refillable cups, popcorn buckets & Coke Freestyle
- Free internet access at Universal Orlando
- Phone Charging at Universal Orlando
- Universal Photo Connect & ride photos
- 20 ideas for free or inexpensive entertainment around Orlando
- Only guaranteed ways to beat the crowds at the Wizarding World
- How to ensure your trip to the Wizarding World is a success!
- Early Park Admission to the Wizarding World – a complete guide
- Return tickets & standby line to enter the Wizarding World
- Interactive wands & spell-casting in the Wizarding World
- The specialty drinks, meals, and desserts of Diagon Alley
- Leaky Cauldron: The grandest feast a wizard can have
- Shopping & merchandise at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley
- Shopping & merchandise at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade
- Forbidden Journey: Ultimate unofficial guide
- The very best way to experience Forbidden Journey
- Dragon Challenge: Secrets of the queue
- Three Broomsticks & Hog’s Head: Drink in the details
- Halloween Horror Nights 2015 (Overview & explanation)
- 25th Anniversary Concert Series (Fall)
- Thanksgiving 2015
- Holidays 2015
- New Year’s Eve 2015
- A Celebration of Harry Potter 2016
- Mardi Gras 2015
- Summer Concert Series
- Rock the Universe 2015
- Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure 1-day touring plan
- Ultimate Universal Studios 1-day touring plan
- Ultimate Islands of Adventure 1-day touring plan
- 3-day touring plan for on-site guests: Day 1
- 3-day touring plan for on-site guests: Day 2
- 3-day touring plan for on-site guests: Day 3
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter touring plan
- Design your own Universal Orlando touring plans
- OI Priority List: Universal Studios Florida
- OI Priority List: Islands of Adventure
- Production Central
- New York
- San Francisco
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
- The Hogwarts Express
- Tales of Beedle the Bard & Celestina Warbeck
- Ollivander’s Wand Shop – Diagon Alley
- London waterfront
- Diagon Alley shopping
- Horizont Alley
- Carkitt Market
- Knockturn Alley
- The Leaky Cauldron (quick-service)
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlor (quick-service)
- World Expo / Springfield USA
- Fear Factor Live
- MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack
- Welcome to Springfield USA
- The Simpsons Ride
- Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
- Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck (quick-service)
- Duff Brewery (limited-service bar)
- Moe’s Tavern (limited-service bar)
- Simpsons Fast Food Blvd – overview
- Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone
- Skull Island: Rein of Kong
- Port of Entry
- Marvel Super Hero Island
- Toon Lagoon
- Jurassic Park
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade
- Lost Continent
- Seuss Landing
- Shows & other entertainment
- Comparing Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: Jet away to the Italian Riviera
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando: Live the rock ‘n roll lifestyle
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort: Your South Seas escape is waiting
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort: Splash back to the 1950s & 60s
- Sapphire Falls Resort: A paradise where blue waterfalls cascade across lush grounds. (Opening July 14, 2016)
- On-site hotel discount for Annual Passholders & the logistics of checking in
Off-site hotels around Universal Orlando
- DoubleTree across from the entrance to Universal – discount
- Universal Orlando Partner Hotels within walking distance
- Walking from Holiday Inn or DoubleTree to Universal Orlando
- Walking from International Drive to Universal Orlando