This page includes information and photo tours of the transportation between Sapphire Falls Resort, Universal CityWalk, and the Universal Orlando theme parks. This page also includes information about the shuttle service from Sapphire Falls to SeaWorld, Aquatica (SeaWorld’s water park), and Wet ‘n Wild.
Transportation options to Universal CityWalk, Universal Studios Florida, and Islands of Adventure
Sapphire Falls Resort offers three methods of getting to the parks. Each method of transportation has its positives and negatives, and we’ll explore these now.
Here are your options to get from Sapphire Falls Resort to Universal CityWalk and Universal theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure:
- Water taxi: Universal’s complimentary water taxis begin operating 30 minutes before Early Park Admission and run continuously until 2:30am every single day of the year. Each on-site hotel has its own dedicated water taxi, so you will be picked up from the hotel and brought directly to CityWalk every time, and vice versa. (There is a single water taxi dock for CityWalk and the two Universal theme parks, as seen in the photo above.)
- Theme park shuttle: Universal also operates a shuttle that runs continuously between the four on-site hotels and the general guest drop-off area near the Universal parking garages, as seen on the OI Google map. Returning guests will note that this has changed as of 2013 — previously on-site hotel guests using the shuttle were dropped off at Celebrity Circle, just steps away from the Universal Studios Florida turnstiles.
- Because the shuttle drop-off location puts on-site hotel guests at basically the same distance from the parks as day guests parking at Universal, it serves no function as a time saver. The only advantage may be for guests with disabilities who need to rent a wheelchair for the day, since wheelchair rental is available on the second floor of the transportation hub where the shuttle now drops off (elevator available). Note that ECV rentals are still only available inside the parks.
- Garden walkway: This roughly 1/2 mile walkway brings you back to Sapphire Falls.
Transportation to SeaWorld, Aquatica, & Wet ‘N Wild
Universal’s on-site hotels provide complimentary scheduled shuttle transportation to SeaWorld, Aquatica (SeaWorld’s water park), and Wet ‘n Wild. We have emphasized scheduled because it is very important to understand that the shuttle does not run continuously. Rather, in general it picks up and drops off once in the morning and once in the evening. The transportation service is called Super Star Shuttle. Here is an example of the schedule:
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: Dining & lounges – photos, details, & more
- Amatista Cookhouse at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – photos, menus, & reviews
- Drhum Club Kantine at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – photos, menus, & reviews
- New Dutch Trading Co. at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – photos, menus, & reviews
- Strong Water Tavern at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – photos, menus, & reviews
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: Pool area – photos, details, & more
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: Public spaces and meeting areas
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: Rooms – photos, details, & more
- Sapphire Falls Resort: Distance from the parks