- Portofino Bay: Rooms
- Portofino Bay: Public spaces & Harbor Piazza
- Portofino Bay: Mandara Spa, pool areas & smaller piazzas
- Portofino Bay: Dining & lounges
- Portofino Bay: Distance from the parks
Welcome to the Orlando Informer coverage of Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, one of the two “premier” on-site hotels at Universal Orlando. As Universal’s flagship hotel property, Portofino Bay offers the most luxurious accommodations and the largest amount of amenities of the five on-site hotels. These pages include extensive information about Portofino Bay as well as the largest full-screen, high-resolution photo archive of this hotel available on a single website (over 200 images). Enjoy!
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel entrance sign.
Portofino Bay Hotel – general information
This AAA 4-Diamond award-winning hotel is modeled after the famous fishing village of Portofino, on the Italian Riviera. Nestled around a picturesque harbor, the hotel’s design and amenities are all intended to complement the illusion of “being there” and provide a stage for each guest to enjoy a fun and romantic Mediterranean escape.
- 5601 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819-7888.
- P: 407-503-1000; F: 407-503-1010.
- Official Loews website
- Official Universal Orlando website
- View this hotel using the OI custom-made Google map
- Opened in May 1999.
- 750 rooms.
- 198 garden view standard.
- 242 bay view standard.
- 94 club level deluxe.
- 18 Despicable Me themed kids suites.
- 12 Portofino suites.
- 6 Villa suites.
- 2 Governatore suites.
- 1 Presidente suite.
- Rooms start at 450 sq ft.
- Prices for standard rooms range between $304.00 and $494.00 per night.
- Each room offers the epitome of European luxury and elegance with authentic Italian furnishings and marble accents.
- Club Level rooms located throughout the hotel. The private lounge 3,500 sq ft and is located off the main lobby.
- Hotel amenities include eight different restaurants and lounges, and over 12,000 sq ft of retail shopping around the picturesque Harbor Piazza and bay.
- Mandara Spa: services include massage, skin care, beauty, body treatments, hydromassage, steam and sauna, lounges, refreshments, and hair and nail care.
- Three pools to choose from: the Beach Pool, an ideal place for the family to spend the day together; the Villa Pool, a more exclusive pool experience with upgraded amenities; and the Hillside Pool, conveniently accessible to guests staying in the east wing of the hotel, or any guest looking for a quiet place and more privacy.
- Dive-in movies: catch the “movie of the week” on a big screen poolside on select nights, located at the Beach Pool.
- Poolside activities: from ping pong tournaments to pool basketball and bocce ball to hula hoop contests and arts & crafts, you’ll find something fun to do poolside for the whole family at the Beach Pool.
- Shopping: the hotel offers five different retail stores from an art gallery to the latest in resort and Universal Orlando wear.
- Special events
- Musica Della Notte: Music of the Night showcases a unique blend of classic opera, romantic and festive music, along with “popera” favorites. Activities begin nightly at sunset (weather permitting).
- Harbor Nights: A quarterly wine tasting and jazz event designed to capture the ambiance of the Mediterranean. Call 407-503-1407 for reservations or more information.
- Signature dining options
- Trattoria del Porto: a three-meal-a-day restaurant featuring character dining in the evenings.
- Bice Restorante: a trendsetting restaurant first opened in Milan, Italy, features Northern Italian cuisine amid a decor that combines Old World elegance with modern chic. Call 407-503-1415 for reservations.
- Mama Della’s Ristorante: featuring authentic Old World favorites from Tuscany and Naples. Mama herself often greets guests in person and encourages everyone to “Eat! Eat!” Throughout the evening, strolling musicians create a memorable atmosphere. Call 407-503-DINE (3463) for reservations.
Portofino Bay Hotel map.
Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels – seasonal rates
Compare these numbers with our crowd level predictions to find the best time to stay on-site:
2016 Seasonal Rates:
Portofino Bay Hotel – map
Click any marker to display the attraction or venue name. To scroll or zoom, use the controls on the top-left of the map. You may also switch to different map views by using the buttons on the top-right of the map.