Taylor Strickland - Jan 31 2015 01:25 AM
The Incredible Hulk Coaster at Universal's Islands of AdventureOI Center
The Incredible Hulk Coaster roars past.
Marvel Super Hero Island
Restrictions and access
54 inches; loose articles must be stowed in free lockers across the walkway from the attraction’s entrance (next to Cafe 4); has Express Pass access; also has a front row line.
Two sentence insider summary
This high-speed rollercoaster is arguably the best coaster in Orlando. And, despite is menacing size, it is an extremely smooth ride that you will get pushed into doing once, but then want to do over and over again.
5 out of 5. This ride features seven inversions, a 110 foot cobra roll, a max speed at 67 MPH and produces 4Gs (which is the same amount of Gs that a Top Fuel drag racer experiences during launch). However, it is worth noting that most of the fear happens while you’re anticipating the ride, not when you’re actually on it!
Even at its busiest, it is unlikely to see lines longer than 45 minutes because of the ride’s capacity and multiple coasters running on the track. If you are at the park by yourself, single rider is your best bet for the least amount of waiting time. The front row line will get backed up very quickly and will add (on a busy day) 20 to 30 minutes to your queue time.
What you wish you knew before you experienced it
This one’s bite is not nearly as bad as its bark. The track is hollowed out to make it appear that the coaster is loud and fast. In addition, the coaster launches in front of the bridge leading from Port of Entry to Marvel Super Hero Island, further creating the illusion of immense speed and height. However, in the end, the smooth ride makes Incredible Hulk almost all thrills and surprisingly little fear.
OI fun facts
- The launch takes you from zero to 40 mph in two seconds flat.
- Hulk was featured in the 1999 film House on Haunted Hill. In the film, it took on the name Terror Incognita.
- The track length of the Hulk Coaster track is 3,700ft and the ride time is 2 minutes and 15 seconds.
- The Launch of the Hulk uses so much power, the City of Orlando wouldn’t allow Universal to use their power, so Universal has onsite turbines that generate energy to propel the hulk coasters every 20 seconds.
The Incredible Hulk Coaster – photo gallery (Click Here)
The Incredible Hulk Coaster – map
Click any marker to display the attraction or venue name. To scroll or zoom, use the controls on the top-left of the map. You may also switch to different map views by using the buttons on the top-right of the map.
View OI’s map of Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
Marvel Super Hero Island
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster
- Storm Force Accelatron
- Doctor Doom’s Fearfall
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
- Captain America Diner (quick-service)