Please note that as of March 2016 our forums have been discontinued. Join us in our Universal or Disney Facebook Communities. You can also check out our Universal vacation planning pages or blog for up-to-date information!
  • Announcements

• Taylor Strickland

(IMPORTANT) What's next for our community   03/24/2016

Today we're excited to announce the start of our new Facebook group: Universal Community by Orlando Informer. We're also announcing we're closing our forums. This is probably the hardest decision I've made so far with Orlando Informer. This week marks the 2nd anniversary of our forums. Monday will mark 2 years from when I first applied to work with Orlando Informer. I was entering a pool of over 50 applicants, didn't meet the requirements, and didn't think the odds were very high that I'd get the position of Forum Moderator. It never even crossed my mind that not only would I get the position, but that position and these forums would be the start of being able to do what I love as a fulltime job. At its core, our forums have always had two goals: A ) Help families receive specific answers to specific questions, feedback from folks who have been in their shoes, and help them maximize their investment into their vacation. B ) Build a community of people who love to visit Universal, with a foundation of respect and tolerance. I can speak for our entire team on our forums (both past and present), especially our Community Manager @Chuck Plagmann, when I say that we have devoted hours of time every day of the year working towards these two goals. We feel that we've made major strides towards both of our goals, but see the opportunity to help a significantly greater amount of people plan their vacation and add on to our established (and amazing) community. Unfortunately, as time goes on, forums like ours have a tendency to slow down and be replaced by social media. It's the cycle of life for forums. We believe that this Facebook group is the logical next step for our community. Our forums and the content within will remain browseable for the foreseeable future, however you will not be able to submit new content. Our Facebook group, Universal Community by Orlando Informer, will be curated by our same team that ran the OI Forums. @Chuck Plagmann and I will be on the group daily to provide insight and help families plan their vacation. @debi will be monitoring for any Special Needs questions. Our (very talented) authors, like @Marc N. Kleinhenz, will be on the group to talk about their latest articles and your feedback. Finally, @Park Beast will even be dropping by from time to time to talk about our weekly podcast. You can access our Facebook group by searching "Universal Community by Orlando Informer" or visiting UOR.community from any webbrowser. We know this is a substantial change from our forums, but are hopeful you'll be willing to give it a shot. Additionally, we're launching a Facebook group for Universal Hollywood: "Universal Community by California Informer" or visit USH.community. This is the end of the forums, but it is just the beginning of our community. One thing we consistently hear from members of our forums is how different our community is from some of the others found online. We are committed to maintaining this reputation in our Facebook group. I have met a countless number of people, many I call friends, from our OI Forums. I know real bonds (and even relationships) have resulted from the time spent on these forums. I'm looking forward to seeing these bonds develop and new ones form on our new outlet. Please know that this decision was not made lightly or without considering the amount of time many of you have spent on here. I fully believe this is the next step forward to growing our community and helping as many people as possible have the best trip to Universal. I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone for many years to come. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out with feedback -- taylor [at] orlandoinformer.com See you on the Facebook Group, Taylor P.S., Unlimited likes on Facebook, you can thank me in advance.
Robert

Legoland is actually really nice!

Please note that as of March 2016 our forums have been discontinued. Join us in our Universal or Disney Facebook Communities. You can also check out our Universal vacation planning pages or blog for up-to-date information!

I like Lego land but for me, I wouldn't go without my son.The rides are fun and while it can get crowded, I have never seen it overbearing. The water park is a great way to cool off in the middle of the day. The food is standard. Nothing special but not bad either, at least the stuff I tried. They do have a few stores, but I am not sure that I saw a whole lot of lego sets that you couldn't get elsewhere or online.

My son loves going into the building where you make a lego car and race it. That takes an hour or so each time we are there. 

I like Lego land but for me, I wouldn't go without my son.The rides are fun and while it can get crowded, I have never seen it overbearing. The water park is a great way to cool off in the middle of the day. The food is standard. Nothing special but not bad either, at least the stuff I tried. They do have a few stores, but I am not sure that I saw a whole lot of lego sets that you couldn't get elsewhere or online.

My son loves going into the building where you make a lego car and race it. That takes an hour or so each time we are there. 

I agree, the food is good but not the best.  I suggest you take a look at some of the specialty places to eat such as The Market Restaurant (when you first walk in) which offers Rotisserie Chicken meals and Asian Noodle Cuisines.  I would also suggest the I-Zone Panini Restaurant or Lakeside Sandwich Company over in the Imagination Zone area which offers some good sandwiches.

The place where you can build Lego sets and race them against other people is called Build & Test (located behind the giant Einstein Head and Giraffe made of Lego's).

I just got back from my first visit to Legoland and omg it was really great! It definitely surpassed all of my expectations. I loved all the little LEGO details (like the squirrels hanging out on trees and bushes)! We had two cars and 8 people and ended up saving money by buying the parking voucher online and using the buy adult, get child free offer and the rest were the $50 Costco tickets. 

There were 6 adults and 2 kids (4 & 14) but honestly we had a great time. The tractor ride in Duplo Valley was super cute and I was surprised by the Legend of Chima ride, we got soaked! Mini Land was great, DS14 loved the Star Wars part and I loved yelling out all the places I had visited! I had been to Cypress Gardens a few times so I was glad to see that they kept the Banyan tree and the gazebo. We didn't get to see the Florida pool or the Oriental Gardens though. 

DS4 loved LEGO City, especially the Jr Driving School! Just seeing his face as he was going through all the rides with different family members made the trip worth it.

I have been seriously obsessed with the LEGO Movie since I saw it and I was walking to the Imagination Zone and saw that Emmett and Wildstyle were out for pictures and I ran as fast as I could with DS4 trailing behind me! I wish they would've had Benny and his spaceship! 

We ate at the Fried Chicken Co. My mom, dad, DD14 and myself shared a Family Bucket and I definitely think it was worth the $30. The portions were so big, we still had a piece of chicken and some fries left at the end. The chicken wasn't greasy like KFC's and the fries were fresh and hot and had some really good seasoning. 

The employees were all very nice, we were all wearing First Visit buttons and they made sure to acknowledge that and they were easily accessible throughout the park. The bathrooms, as well as the rest of the park, were very clean. 

Next time, I'll pay the water park a visit!  :)

I just got back from my first visit to Legoland and omg it was really great! It definitely surpassed all of my expectations. I loved all the little LEGO details (like the squirrels hanging out on trees and bushes)! We had two cars and 8 people and ended up saving money by buying the parking voucher online and using the buy adult, get child free offer and the rest were the $50 Costco tickets. 

There were 6 adults and 2 kids (4 & 14) but honestly we had a great time. The tractor ride in Duplo Valley was super cute and I was surprised by the Legend of Chima ride, we got soaked! Mini Land was great, DS14 loved the Star Wars part and I loved yelling out all the places I had visited! I had been to Cypress Gardens a few times so I was glad to see that they kept the Banyan tree and the gazebo. We didn't get to see the Florida pool or the Oriental Gardens though. 

DS4 loved LEGO City, especially the Jr Driving School! Just seeing his face as he was going through all the rides with different family members made the trip worth it.

I have been seriously obsessed with the LEGO Movie since I saw it and I was walking to the Imagination Zone and saw that Emmett and Wildstyle were out for pictures and I ran as fast as I could with DS4 trailing behind me! I wish they would've had Benny and his spaceship! 

We ate at the Fried Chicken Co. My mom, dad, DD14 and myself shared a Family Bucket and I definitely think it was worth the $30. The portions were so big, we still had a piece of chicken and some fries left at the end. The chicken wasn't greasy like KFC's and the fries were fresh and hot and had some really good seasoning. 

The employees were all very nice, we were all wearing First Visit buttons and they made sure to acknowledge that and they were easily accessible throughout the park. The bathrooms, as well as the rest of the park, were very clean. 

Next time, I'll pay the water park a visit!  :)

We love LEGOLAND...our review from May 27 and June 1 is here somewhere but I can't find it at the moment...awesome time...the customer service all over was fantastic! They even gave us free towels and slushies b/c we got soaked in the rain after the Dragon got stuck outside the canopies and the boys had bday buttons on! We were so impressed...the waterpark was more impressive in 2012, when we went a couple weeks after its grand opening...you can tell how much traffic they have seen since then though, in spots where paint is peeling, etc...everything was all shiny and new then but now, not so much...still an amazing place!