Robert

Legoland is actually really nice!

While yes the ride are just "eh" the look of the park is amazing. Being built on cypress gardens legoland has a whole area just of the gardens! My favorite thing there it the mini-land its amazing to see the detail they put in all the citys. The thing that get me most excited to talk about legoland is something quite odd... apple fries the idea at first sounds nasty but trust be when your taste buds touch those apples you will know exactly what I mean! I even learned how to make them ( I will post the recipe later). So post below your favorite thing about legoland! Havent been? Post why below also!

We haven't been to the Legoland in Florida, but we took my oldest, who is now 19, to the one in California like 11-12 years ago. From the pictures I've seen, it definitely looks very similar. At the time, DS was pretty intimidated by roller coasters, but the rides in Legoland opened him up to trying more and more. His favorite was the driving school, he loved that he got his own "driver's license" at the end! My favorite place was Miniland, as I too was impressed at how detailed all the models were! We are looking forward to taking DS6 to Legoland FL on our trip in June, and he's pretty excited about going, too!

Fun side note: I traveled to Florida with my parents when I was 7 and 8, and we went to Cypress Gardens both times. I remember the gardens pretty well, and am looking forward to seeing parts of it again! :)

I went to the original Legoland in Denmark back in 1989 and they had the Driving School then - amazing for an 8yr old.

The one in the UK suffers from that of other parks owned by the Merlin Group - too expensive, huge lines, poor queuing experience, rude staff....

Fun side note: I traveled to Florida with my parents when I was 7 and 8, and we went to Cypress Gardens both times. I remember the gardens pretty well, and am looking forward to seeing parts of it again! :)

That right there is my favorite thing about Legoland Florida. They did an amazing job preserving the original Cypress Gardens botanical gardens and recently brought back some wonderful elements from the original Cypress Gardens. I was very touched at how they kept so much of the original infrastructure.

My favorite "ride" at Cypress Gardens was the Island in the Sky and I am so happy Legoland kept that ride. 

Legoland is a fantastic family day, but be prepared for the costs. Parking is normally $14 but you can purchase your parking on-line prior to your visit and save $2.  Before you go, subscribe to the free  Lego Club magazine  Inside of each magazine, there is typically a coupon for a “free child’s admission with the purchase of an adult admission”.  The adult admission is around $84 with water park and $69 without water park and the childrens admission is around $62/$77 so the "free child" admission is a significant saving. Definitely check the Legoland® website because they occasionally offer “special deals” on admission

I love LEGOLAND Florida. There's a surprising amount of stuff to do and we don't take kids with us. There are quite a lot of coasters which are great, though not white-knuckle (works for us) but many other rides too. There's plenty to do without needing a child for cover!

The Miniland USA area is totally amazing and good for an hour or two (seriously) walking around, especially if you've been to the places portrayed. The new Star Wars section is a fabulous addition.

The gardens are fairly limited in size but good for an hour of wandering especially if really hot as a lot of cover beneath the vegetation. Nice and peaceful in there when we went.

Island in the Sky gives a great overview of the park but there's certainly enough - if you do even just a few rides - to keep you occupied for a day.

There's a water park too with some decent slides for non-kid folks (and for kids).

Biggest downside was the waterski show which was pretty lame when we went - first of the day and not a big audience probably didn't help, but for me was a little weak in the storyline. Expect it has gotten better.

Love the apple fries too.

My wife and I would like to visit Legoland, but are a little concerned. We do not have children and are curious whether or not we would be wasting our time/money. Thoughts?

I have been a couple of times. I do have teenage children, but we all had a great time. I am a big guy, so I had to fold myself a little to fit in the rides, but I had a blast:) I am SO glad they kept some on The Cypress Gardens. They are so beautiful. They have an AMAZING Banyun(sp?) Tree that my daughter took a picture of and won an award for at a competition. They also just opened up the Oriental Gardens and the famous Florida shaped pool for display.

LEGOLAND definitely works for our family.

We've got 13, 11 and 8 year olds and two, maybe even three of us are white knuckle fans, but we never feel lost in this gorgeous theme park.

It's not only really cute, but many of the attractions are really unusual in comparison to the big 8 parks in the region.

I've heard mixed reports about staff, but I would be happy to say that everyone we've met appear to be incredibly good, polite and helpful.

Instead of thinking of the park as aimed at under 12s, think of it more as a great place for whole families with under 12s.

If you've got little ones, LEGOLAND should be in your top 4 parks to visit.
If you are on a tight schedule, or with older kids, perhaps skip it until your next visit to orlando, but definitely give it a go then!

We took our first trip to Orlando in June 2012 with boys aged 3 and 5 1/2 for 8 days....we decided to do LEGOLAND for two days since we all love Legos and the waterpark had just opened...it was fantastic, amazing, not crowded, and all good!

The boys didn't want to do Disney at all and, at the time, we felt the cost of Universal at their age and size (on the very short side) wasn't practical. LEGOLAND, Gatorland, Dinosaur World, Busch Gardens and Sea World were great and satisfied everyone for the short time we had there. We weren't impressed with 36" being different at BG and SW so that my youngest could go on kiddie rides at BG but not at SW! But that's another story...

We are currently planning a trip this year back to Orlando to focus on Universal (for me mostly as I've become a HP fan trying to get my 7 year old into it! LOL) and Disney and LEGOLAND again. When we ask them what they want to do for vacation, all they ask is to go back to LEGOLAND and swim at the hotel/condo; although my youngest, almost 5 now, wants Mickey ears.

So, we are trying to decide between mid-end May for 10-14 days and hope there's some soft opening of Diagon Alley, or early September when Diagon is def open...not a huge fan of crowds that overwhelm the boys and their Dad! Also, trying to juggle if we should skip Orlando this year and go in May 2015 when the youngest will be 6 to experience Discovery Cove....if only funds were unlimited and the weather better here in Newfoundland, Canada so we didn't want to seek out sunshine sooooo much right now!

But, LEGOLAND is definitely on the agenda again for sure...

We wont have a car in Orlando.

We have done LEGOLAND Windsor England, Lego discovery centres in Manchester and Berlin. 

(still looking for cheap flights to Denmark).

Do you think LEGOLAND florida is for us if we don't have a car and many of the attractions are the same ?

We wont have a car in Orlando.

We have done LEGOLAND Windsor England, Lego discovery centres in Manchester and Berlin. 

(still looking for cheap flights to Denmark).

Do you think LEGOLAND florida is for us if we don't have a car and many of the attractions are the same ?

Without a car there's a shuttle from Orlando Premium Outlets, Vineland at 9am & returns at park closing. Costs $5+tax per person

http://florida.legoland.com/en/buy_tickets/Admission-Tickets1/shuttle/

While I like it there, if this is a one-off trip to Orlando (having done other parks) it is likely not worth it, but, if you have a burning desire to go then this is a reasonably easy way and you get a full day, not arriving at lunchtime, but pretty close to park opening (or even before). If you've done all the other parks before, then this is a little different. Some of the minilandUSA exhibits will be the same, some will be different. There's a nice range of coasters and it's likely quieter than some of the other Disney/Universal parks, but only you can say really.

If you have an annual (Merlin) pass in the UK, you can get a discount here (50% off gate price I believe), and assume that will work with the shuttle as I think it's an independent price.

Got three 14 day tickets free With our other park tickets for august so would be rude not to take a visit, just the one four year old and she loved the movie so looking forward to it.

How did you manage that?? Decided not to do this mainly due to the expense. I want free passes!

Attraction tickets direct were doing a deal when you bought one of there other packages the legoland tickets were free so was a nice bonus..It may have expired since but the 14 day pass is £50 so nowhere near the price of the other parks.

My wife and I would like to visit Legoland, but are a little concerned. We do not have children and are curious whether or not we would be wasting our time/money. Thoughts?

Hi there!

My boyfriend and I went just the two of us when we were in Orlando a couple of years ago. The rides were a little cramped, but we did most of them. We also absolutely loved everything they created with Lego! Totally worth it:) Have fun!