• Announcements

    • Taylor Strickland

      (IMPORTANT) What's next for our community   03/24/2016

      Today we're excited to announce the start of our new Facebook group: Universal Community by Orlando Informer. We're also announcing we're closing our forums. This is probably the hardest decision I've made so far with Orlando Informer. This week marks the 2nd anniversary of our forums. Monday will mark 2 years from when I first applied to work with Orlando Informer. I was entering a pool of over 50 applicants, didn't meet the requirements, and didn't think the odds were very high that I'd get the position of Forum Moderator. It never even crossed my mind that not only would I get the position, but that position and these forums would be the start of being able to do what I love as a fulltime job. At its core, our forums have always had two goals: A ) Help families receive specific answers to specific questions, feedback from folks who have been in their shoes, and help them maximize their investment into their vacation. B ) Build a community of people who love to visit Universal, with a foundation of respect and tolerance. I can speak for our entire team on our forums (both past and present), especially our Community Manager @Chuck Plagmann, when I say that we have devoted hours of time every day of the year working towards these two goals. We feel that we've made major strides towards both of our goals, but see the opportunity to help a significantly greater amount of people plan their vacation and add on to our established (and amazing) community. Unfortunately, as time goes on, forums like ours have a tendency to slow down and be replaced by social media. It's the cycle of life for forums. We believe that this Facebook group is the logical next step for our community. Our forums and the content within will remain browseable for the foreseeable future, however you will not be able to submit new content. Our Facebook group, Universal Community by Orlando Informer, will be curated by our same team that ran the OI Forums. @Chuck Plagmann and I will be on the group daily to provide insight and help families plan their vacation. @debi will be monitoring for any Special Needs questions. Our (very talented) authors, like @Marc N. Kleinhenz, will be on the group to talk about their latest articles and your feedback. Finally, @Park Beast will even be dropping by from time to time to talk about our weekly podcast. You can access our Facebook group by searching "Universal Community by Orlando Informer" or visiting UOR.community from any webbrowser. We know this is a substantial change from our forums, but are hopeful you'll be willing to give it a shot. Additionally, we're launching a Facebook group for Universal Hollywood: "Universal Community by California Informer" or visit USH.community. This is the end of the forums, but it is just the beginning of our community. One thing we consistently hear from members of our forums is how different our community is from some of the others found online. We are committed to maintaining this reputation in our Facebook group. I have met a countless number of people, many I call friends, from our OI Forums. I know real bonds (and even relationships) have resulted from the time spent on these forums. I'm looking forward to seeing these bonds develop and new ones form on our new outlet. Please know that this decision was not made lightly or without considering the amount of time many of you have spent on here. I fully believe this is the next step forward to growing our community and helping as many people as possible have the best trip to Universal. I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone for many years to come. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out with feedback -- taylor [at] orlandoinformer.com See you on the Facebook Group, Taylor P.S., Unlimited likes on Facebook, you can thank me in advance.
Irishprces

Toothsome Chocolate Factory

42 posts in this topic

Any word on what restaurant will be talking over the NBA space? Also is there a time table when it will happen?

 

No announcement on what will be going in that location yet.

 

It is still in demolition, so not anytime soon.  The big NBA player statue is gone, and walls are up.

 

OI will post when there is any new information.

Irishprces likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a refurb, with a new theme. If you like chocolate I think you will like this place. Building stands.

 

 

Edited by HPTR
Removed invalid link
MrsRobinson and Chuck Plagmann like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The theme of this new venue has been described to me as "An amazing Steampunk themed chocolate fondue restaurant" the things I have seen make this place look pretty great.

Edited by Unknown
HPTR, allyface, MrsRobinson and 4 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Unknown said:

It seems that the steampunk themed fondue restaurant was just a red herring, and the actual theme will be a WWE Hall Of Fame.

I have tears. This is the greatest news I have ever heard!!! 

Chuck Plagmann likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Unknown said:

It seems that the steampunk themed fondue restaurant was just a red herring, and the actual theme will be a WWE Hall Of Fame.

Is it really? Well first WM33 being in Orlando and now WWE Hall of Fame, amazing! :D

I imagine the pair will tie in together somewhat.

Edited by MattLynch91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take that with a grain of salt, as there is just one site reporting the information. Possible announcement today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please be a chocolate fondue restaurant, please be a chocolate fondue restaurant, please be a chocolate fondue restaurant.

There I said it three times, hopefully it happens. A WWE place will be another I won't visit, sure will be a hit with many but god no!

knoxmyers, Kris10, debi and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Dan_Mol said:

Please be a chocolate fondue restaurant, please be a chocolate fondue restaurant, please be a chocolate fondue restaurant.

There I said it three times, hopefully it happens. A WWE place will be another I won't visit, sure will be a hit with many but god no!

try Colorado fondue on your next visit Dan....

 

Dan_Mol likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chuck Plagmann said:

try Colorado fondue on your next visit Dan....

Added it to my google map (making for my boss visiting in Aug) menu sounds good.

Chuck Plagmann likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dan_Mol said:

Added it to my google map (making for my boss visiting in Aug) menu sounds good.

Did you check the desserts section on the website?

 

Dan_Mol likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of this WWE news (rumor) if true.  Everything old should not be new again.  I would've loved to get a survey opportunity on this sucker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually agree in principle that a more out there or different restaurant like the fondue, would have been a nice addition to CityWalk.

Although a WWE place will be very popular and bring in crowds. I also hope it has a "sports bar" feel to it and what NBC should have been for me.

I had the chance to go to "WWF New York", the food was great, atmosphere brilliant and superb theming. If it's anywhere near as good as that, it will be an awesome venue, and I'm sure it will be even better. The restaurant ended up closing in New York, but was wrong location for what it was. CityWalk is perfect.

Also WWE has a whole host of links to Orlando in general and is televised on NBC Universal stations, it allows more self promoting in a similar fashion to NBC.

 

Edited by MattLynch91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MattLynch91 said:

I actually agree in principle that a more out there or different restaurant like the fondue, would have been a nice addition to CityWalk.

Although a WWE place will be very popular and bring in crowds. I also hope it has a "sports bar" feel to it and what NBC should have been for me.

I had the chance to go to "WWF New York", the food was great, atmosphere brilliant and superb theming. If it's anywhere near as good as that, it will be an awesome venue, and I'm sure it will be even better. The restaurant ended up closing in New York, but was wrong location for what it was. CityWalk is perfect.

Also WWE has a whole host of links to Orlando in general and is televised on NBC Universal stations, it allows more self promoting in a similar fashion to NBC.

 

Too bad Matt, looks like it is back to chocolate 

Dan_Mol likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HPTR said:

Too bad Matt, looks like it is back to chocolate 

Haha guess that's the spin of the rumour mill! Serves me right for getting caught up!

Good job I like chocolate! :rolleyes:

HPTR and Chuck Plagmann like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2016 at 1:07 PM, Unknown said:

The theme of this new venue has been described to me as "An amazing Steampunk themed chocolate fondue restaurant" the things I have seen make this place look pretty great.

Looks like my original description was correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites