• Announcements

• Taylor Strickland

(IMPORTANT) What's next for our community   03/24/2016

Today we're excited to announce the start of our new Facebook group: Universal Community by Orlando Informer. We're also announcing we're closing our forums. This is probably the hardest decision I've made so far with Orlando Informer. This week marks the 2nd anniversary of our forums. Monday will mark 2 years from when I first applied to work with Orlando Informer. I was entering a pool of over 50 applicants, didn't meet the requirements, and didn't think the odds were very high that I'd get the position of Forum Moderator. It never even crossed my mind that not only would I get the position, but that position and these forums would be the start of being able to do what I love as a fulltime job. At its core, our forums have always had two goals: A ) Help families receive specific answers to specific questions, feedback from folks who have been in their shoes, and help them maximize their investment into their vacation. B ) Build a community of people who love to visit Universal, with a foundation of respect and tolerance. I can speak for our entire team on our forums (both past and present), especially our Community Manager @Chuck Plagmann, when I say that we have devoted hours of time every day of the year working towards these two goals. We feel that we've made major strides towards both of our goals, but see the opportunity to help a significantly greater amount of people plan their vacation and add on to our established (and amazing) community. Unfortunately, as time goes on, forums like ours have a tendency to slow down and be replaced by social media. It's the cycle of life for forums. We believe that this Facebook group is the logical next step for our community. Our forums and the content within will remain browseable for the foreseeable future, however you will not be able to submit new content. Our Facebook group, Universal Community by Orlando Informer, will be curated by our same team that ran the OI Forums. @Chuck Plagmann and I will be on the group daily to provide insight and help families plan their vacation. @debi will be monitoring for any Special Needs questions. Our (very talented) authors, like @Marc N. Kleinhenz, will be on the group to talk about their latest articles and your feedback. Finally, @Park Beast will even be dropping by from time to time to talk about our weekly podcast. You can access our Facebook group by searching "Universal Community by Orlando Informer" or visiting UOR.community from any webbrowser. We know this is a substantial change from our forums, but are hopeful you'll be willing to give it a shot. Additionally, we're launching a Facebook group for Universal Hollywood: "Universal Community by California Informer" or visit USH.community. This is the end of the forums, but it is just the beginning of our community. One thing we consistently hear from members of our forums is how different our community is from some of the others found online. We are committed to maintaining this reputation in our Facebook group. I have met a countless number of people, many I call friends, from our OI Forums. I know real bonds (and even relationships) have resulted from the time spent on these forums. I'm looking forward to seeing these bonds develop and new ones form on our new outlet. Please know that this decision was not made lightly or without considering the amount of time many of you have spent on here. I fully believe this is the next step forward to growing our community and helping as many people as possible have the best trip to Universal. I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone for many years to come. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out with feedback -- taylor [at] orlandoinformer.com See you on the Facebook Group, Taylor P.S., Unlimited likes on Facebook, you can thank me in advance.
Bern

The Walking Dead (TV series)

2,122 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Lainie said:

Some of that was absolutely brutal.  At the risk of sounding sexist, I found that fire scene really shocking, but don't know if it would have had the same effect on me if it was say Rick and Daryl involved. 

Carol is thinking and feeling too much lately Had that been Rick and Daryl, they would not have stood by the door. I think Maggie might have only done that to stay with Carol. You see Rick had zero hesitation to shoot that last Savior when he wouldn't talk. Losing Carol for killing is a big loss, we'll have to see what happens. 

Okay, so I'm going to have to follow the pattern and make mine short and sweet as well.

I've been reading along so I can see what's going on as it happens. The last couple episodes have veered slightly away from the comics. This episode in particular is a character builder for Maggie and Carol. The girls seem to have switched shoes a little. Carol is having her moral dilemma, while Maggie is bent as all heck to kill every Savior in sight. Concerning Carol, I saw her retaliation coming. Not to say her moral dilemma isn't real, like we've all noted, she flows in and out of her roles so easily that these could be 2 separate, but I don't see her ever just switching over to Gabe's side of the field just like that. Let alone to just give up without a fight. She picked up the rosary because she saw a weapon she could whittle. As far as her being influenced by Morgan, I'm going to take the road less traveled and say I don't think so. Carol does what she needs to do in order for her and the people she cares about to survive. This doesn't necessarily negate her not wanting to/regretting a kill.  Like Rick said when Carl killed Shane in the comic and the show, "It never should be the same." Sure, we've progressed significantly since that event but it still rings true for them. Never be afraid to do what you have to, but killing the dead and the living should never be the same. You're supposed to regret, you aren't supposed to just simply enjoy the killing. You can see it too that none of them actually want to(...well..maybe Maggie in this episode. But we'll blame the hormonal pregnancy rage.:P)and it's confirmed when Carol said "Hopefully not." When Paula asked if she was going to be the one to kill her. Basically saying that she will if she has to but won't if she doesn't. Then Paula put Maggie and baby in a corner, so Carol regrettably responded accordingly. So, I don't think Morgan actually had that much influence in her meltdown. Unless I'm mistaken, the journal even shows this. I think we just finally got a focus on Carol.

All I'm going to say about Maggie is if this is her while she's pregnant, Glenn can have ALL of that lol

Something I want to make note of. When you're reading along with the comic, you meet The Saviors long before you meet Negan. As a matter of fact, you could almost say that if you do meet Negan, it's not a good thing. During the story's progression, once you meet The Saviors, you learn they aren't exactly the nicest people. Every interaction you get from them, you feel bad for Rick. The Saviors are bullies. Negan rules through constant, vulgar gestures of power/dominance(you'll find out if they keep along. Don't worry, no spoilers.)and The Saviors do the same as an extension of him ("We are all Negan" isn't just the brainwash they're making it out to be.). While I'm watching the show though, I have to say, I am feeling less and less sorry for Rick lol. In the comics, Rick simply retaliates and plans. In the show, Rick and crew have so far not only blown up a group of checkpoint Saviors but also taken out a whole outpost of sleeping Saviors and whatever relation the women were. I'm not exactly defending Negan nor am I jumping off the Rictatorship Safe-Zone but I have to admit, Rick is just running in head-on and cocksure to the point that Negan almost has every right to be pi$$ed when you think about it lol.

I'm looking forward to see how closely they interpret Negan to comics and how TV Rick handles the interactions. I almost want it to be the finale already lol

Edited by Future Boy
Kris10, Chuck Plagmann and Bern like this

@Future Boy NO finale yet!! It's bad enough we only have three episodes left! I don't think Carol is going the Morgan way, I think she's just ruminating about her kills but will always know she has to kill in some cases. Kill or be killed and she knows that. I get what you're saying about the Saviors but I do agree with Rick that in fictional land speculation, it might have only been a matter of time before they hit Alexandria. Don't cry over dead Saviors. :P 

Future Boy likes this

I forgot I hadn't commented on this week's episode yet! A good one, in my opinion. I do understand Carol's moral dilemma from a "human being" stand point. I agree with @Future Boy, you're not supposed to like killing the living. It's supposed to be different. But I really hope we don't loose bada** Carol, because I love that side of her. HOWEVER, I did love that Caryl hug at the end! :D:wub: Sorry, @Bern, I totally ship it!

If I didn't already know Negan was an actual person, the whole "We are all Negan" thing would have had me puzzling. Thinking maybe it was a code name or a group name or something. But since I know it's a legitimate character, I'm intrigued to see where they're taking that.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 0:16 PM, Kathy1 said:

Internet problems have been keeping me off the Forum since December!  Trying hard to catch up, but if I repeat stuff already mentioned, so sorry.  In the previous episode, when Carol pulled out her notepad and had the initials of everyone she had killed on it, was anyone else SHOCKED that the number was only 18????  As for last night's episode (and Carol's Moral Meltdown), I blame Morgan!  You don't need to worry about gangs of Merciless Marauders killing all your people when you have Morgan on the Inside turning everyone into Pacifist Zen Masters.  Really have had it with Morgan!  And Abraham.  OK I never liked Abraham anyway.  I like the Richonne thing.  Surprised it took this long.  On a side note, a friend of mine found a whole bunch of "The Walking Dead Season 6 Sound Crew" tee shirts and hoodies at Goodwill.  Needless to say, he got some for me and the Fam!  Add that to the (LIGHT UP) HHN 25 Hoodie my son got me for Christmas and I think I'm set for HHN 2016!  

I was definitely shocked the number was only 18 as well! It seemed like a lot more!

I was very surprised with the Richonne thing! I don't know why I didn't see it coming, but Nathan just started watching the show recently and has been binging the seasons, and he has been routing for them to get together since the prison! I'm sitting here thinking, "How do you know?!?"

Very jealous about your TWD Sound Crew shirt! That is way too cool!

Future Boy likes this

On 3/14/2016 at 6:53 PM, Lainie said:

Some of that was absolutely brutal.  At the risk of sounding sexist, I found that fire scene really shocking 

Seriously, Lainie? Carol being involved with a fire? That was shocking? Might I remind you about why we don't cough around Carol??

ce8162868ce561fcb7001014bb8bc672.jpg

Also, if Tyreese were still alive, he might have some words as well....I'll go ahead and let Alicia hit a few notes though.

cf3f5b604b3a3c4cf6a231f0be8fc81f.jpg

Edited by Future Boy
Bern and Kris10 like this

@Future Boy :lol: Oh crud. I think of that scene *every* time I hear that song! :lol: 

2 hours ago, Future Boy said:

Seriously, Lainie? Carol being involved with a fire? That was shocking? Might I remind you about why we don't cough around Carol??

Ha! 

Well, there should be a difference between walkers and humans but. . . in cases like the dude that got Rick's machete in the prison (can't recall his name) and the Saviors, like I said, it's kill or be killed. Ain't nobody got time for moral dilemmas in the apocalypse, yo. This is why I often get Rick in quizzes! :P 

Kris10 and Future Boy like this

Two episodes left, nooooo!!

S6:E:14 Twice as Far

TWD is into what I will call the 45/15 club--45 minutes of slow, where is this going then 15 minutes of holy cow what just happened! I get the build up but after an amazing season, it's time for 60 minutes of <insert expletive of choice here>

Spencer stop being a school boy, angry Rosita is only using you as a boy toy, at least for now, and possibly your jerky stroganoff (TBD). 

Carol went from never being seen with a cigarette to probably chain smoking due to stress and internal emotional upheaval, I am guessing.  

Rosita whacked that walker in the road and there was no blood on her machete. Put that blood on there people. 

Daryl has his reasons for not using the tracks and in the end that cost them. Not Daryl's fault but your gut tells you somethang for a reason. 

Eugene doesn't really have a haircut, I am disappointed. Just some kind of sad looking ponytail. I liked this long-winded (as usual) explanation (of anythang) to Abraham. 

Daryl was easy on Denise when he found her crying. Rosita is just angry right now. Not the softest person to start with but she's bitter but also not wanting to have to look around more than usual with a "newbie" out with them. The room Denise found, that would be a great scene for an HHN room. The HUSH written all over the wall and the sink full of muck and water, and whatever else, plus the baby shoes, nice and creepy. I was glad to see Denise wanting to rise up a bit and take that step and I did like her but alas, she was not meant to stay. There were some funny moments with her and Daryl in the last several episodes as well. That arrow was completely unexpected. Now you would think that Dwight and his band of Cro-Mags would take out Daryl and Rosita, too but despite his saying that he didn't mean it for Denise, they could have (but then we have no story line and tons of upset fans). Dwight's face, was that burned before when Daryl met him in the forest? I don't remember. Yes Daryl, you should have killed him. Crossbow and master reunited, though, at last. 

Eugene and that, eh, bite. . . he really could have gotten shot or stabbed by doing that but then I suppose he had the situation in his favor at the moment, lol. Abraham, loved that he wound up near them. As mad as he was at Eugene, there's a relationship there. Abraham has fierce pride but a soft spot, too (except with Rosita!). I liked their scene at the end at Eugene's bedside. Now who is going to be the Alexandrian doctor? They will have to get that Ob/Gyn from Hilltop. 

I like the soda part with Denise as well, it meant somethang to her. In retrospect, it was almost like they foretold about her death, the whole bit where she and Tara talked about saying I love you. Now how did they bring Denise back and Eugene? No matter, trivial stuff. Can't leave one of their own out there. 

Agh, the Abraham-Sasha thang, I'm not feelin' that. I didn't mind Carol and Tobit but it was slightly out of nowhere. As mentioned on Talking Dead, big ol' no to Eugene and Rosita, I just don't see that at all. Thangs happen, they are bound to over time and in complacency (for as short as that is) but let's not have too many match-ups for the sake of a romance in the series, that's my thought anyway. 

For next week, I don't think that's Carol at all--TD showed the additional preview--just because there is blood and the Rosary is left behind. I understand Daryl going after Carol but don't like it, too many close calls lately for our gang. Carol's crisis is going to get someone else killed. Not sure what Morgan is thinking. Is he going to go after her, too or leave as well? 

@POTTERLUVA and I discussed the fan on the couch--poor dude did well enough, I'm sure he was nervous but get excited! How about that prize pack?! Sheesh, sweeeet! Looking forward to Yvette on TD next week. Also Denise Huth, she reminds me of someone in high school that was extremely excited in any attempt to get you to join her club. She has a great job, can't blame her I suppose.

This season has been so great and the traffic in here has been great, as usual, we are a pretty good nestled group and are faithful to the thread, adding snippets in off season as well, but I cannot believe the season is almost over already. Not to wish summer or time away but 202 days to go. 

Edited for an Andrew interview: http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/mar/15/andrew-lincoln-im-employed-to-go-on-a-zombie-frenzy-killing-spree#img-4

None of his compatriots, though, manage to go quite as nuts on screen as Lincoln. In a recent episode, Grimes – understandably vexed after his girlfriend and her son are eaten by zombies, and his son has his eye put out in a shooting accident – picks up an axe to vent his spleen on the milling zombie hordes. Does he really go nuts or is the scene so choreographed that he has to be controlled? “Oh, I’m going nuts. Don’t worry about that. I’m employed to go into a zombie frenzy killing spree. That’s what I do. :lol: 

“It is choreographed, of course, because otherwise we would have a lot of insurance problems. We’re very fortunate that we have a lot of committed, hardcore stunt zombies.”

Edited by Bern
Lainie and tirfaie like this

I'm still so sad about Denise. I liked her and I found her to be such a relatable character(at least to me) that it's sad so see her go. I'm going to be over there pouting for a little bit. 

Lainie likes this

2 hours ago, tirfaie said:

I'm still so sad about Denise. I liked her and I found her to be such a relatable character(at least to me) that it's sad so see her go. I'm going to be over there pouting for a little bit. 

That was a surprise. I thought Eugene was going to bite the bullet as well for a minute or two. I think at least a secondary character is going to die, if not the one we are all thinking of. . .  .

It is sad  sigh.gif.f8e74ba1113162a2747e29d8f47e4eb      It was a BIG shock for me..had my guard up all night, but let it down when listening to her inspirational speech...swore like a sailor swear.gif.f3de3745fb01137a3db655b5972b1f  after the initial shock...I'm with @Bern...thought Eugene was next...but he SHOCKED us all, didn't he animated-smileys-shocked-002.gif

Edited by POTTERLUVA
Lainie likes this

50 minutes ago, POTTERLUVA said:

It is sad  sigh.gif.f8e74ba1113162a2747e29d8f47e4eb      It was a BIG shock for me..had my guard up all night, but let it down when listening to her inspirational speech...swore like a sailor swear.gif.f3de3745fb01137a3db655b5972b1f  after the initial shock...I'm with @Bern...thought Eugene was next...but he SHOCKED us all, didn't he animated-smileys-shocked-002.gif

2 hours ago, Bern said:

That was a surprise. I thought Eugene was going to bite the bullet as well for a minute or two. I think at least a secondary character is going to die, if not the one we are all thinking of. . .  .

Per usual, I'm behind. School and my job have been keeping me busy! But I just wanted to say that if they keep with the story, Eugene is pretty much full of surprises. ;)

Bern likes this

6 hours ago, Future Boy said:

Per usual, I'm behind. School and my job have been keeping me busy! But I just wanted to say that if they keep with the story, Eugene is pretty much full of surprises. ;)

He's not my favorite character but I like that he's stepping up. No one clocks out, wtg Eugene. 

90 minute finale!! Woo!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/21/walking-dead-season-6-finale-90-minutes

Extra commercials, though :mellow:

Edited by Bern

Yes! An "on the edge of your seat" episode! Just the way I like them!

The baby shoe scene in the apothecary was a bit hard to watch. So sad.

LITERALLY right when I started thinking, "Denise is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters," they slap an arrow through her eye. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm so disappointed. I would've really liked to see her character arc and watch her become a strong apocalypse survivor as we all know she had the potential to become. So brutal. That arrow came out of no where. I don't think any of us were expecting that. Not fair. Tara will be devastated.

Can we talk about Eugene's d**k biting scene? OMG!! that was so metal. Welcome to level two! :lol:

On a happy note, Daryl is reunited with his crossbow. We all knew it was only a matter of time. Those people who ambushed them, I'm sure they're part of Negan's group. Hopefully they get what's coming to them, and then some.

And what the heck?! Carol's leaving Alexandria?? What happened?? We need our Queen of the Apocalypse back! I don't like this side of her. Surely she'll come out of nowhere and save everyone's a$$es later on down the road. Again.

Future Boy likes this

Agh!  Poor Denise!  Why did they have to do that??! angry-smiley.gif

I knew she was going to cop it in tonight's show (saw a spoiler earlier - lesson learned, don't scroll through the Recent Activity bit in the Forum on a Monday!), but had assumed that she was going to be attacked by a walker.  The arrow through her eye was a shocker.  Though if you are gonna go, falling into Daryl's arms in your last moments ain't too bad!!

Talking of Daryl, nice to see the guns on show tonight!!  flirty4-smiley.gif

Eugene is fast becoming one of my favourite characters.  I hated both him and Abraham when they first came into the show - now I love them both.  They have their own little bromance going on there.  Not in the Rickyl league, but great interaction between the pair of them all the same. 

That bite scene!!! speechless-smiley.gif 

I am not liking this side of Carol at all.  Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon.

(and how good was Josh McDermitt on Talking Dead)

Edited by Lainie
POTTERLUVA likes this

@Bern I agree about the Sasha and Abraham thing. There's no chemistry there. 

@Lainie I loved josh on talking dead! He seems like he'd be a fun guy to hang out with (ps sorry if it was my post that spoiled it for you. I tried to put it a few lines down to avoid that)

Lainie likes this

6 hours ago, Kris10 said:

Yes! An "on the edge of your seat" episode! Just the way I like them!

The baby shoe scene in the apothecary was a bit hard to watch. So sad.

That arrow came out of no where. I don't think any of us were expecting that. Not fair. Tara will be devastated.

And what the heck?! Carol's leaving Alexandria?? What happened?? We need our Queen of the Apocalypse back! I don't like this side of her. Surely she'll come out of nowhere and save everyone's a$$es later on down the road. Again.

Yes, that's the way it should be. I loved the apothecary back room scene, rather creepy. HHN house right there. There has been some flack online about some other show and gay characters getting whacked, I don't know exactly what is going on but I saw on my Dead gif page that they think it's unfair that Tara has lost another girlfriend. I don't think they single out people like that on TWD. It's just unfortunate that she lost two girlfriends. It will be hard for her, though. No one saw that coming at all. I think I gasped, lol. 

Carol so needs to pull her head out of her @$$. She's beyond in a funk and is going to get someone killed going after her. 

5 hours ago, Lainie said:

Agh!  Poor Denise!  Why did they have to do that??! angry-smiley.gif

I knew she was going to cop it in tonight's show (saw a spoiler earlier - lesson learned, don't scroll through the Recent Activity bit in the Forum on a Monday!), but had assumed that she was going to be attacked by a walker.  The arrow through her eye was a shocker.  Though if you are gonna go, falling into Daryl's arms in your last moments ain't too bad!!

Talking of Daryl, nice to see the guns on show tonight!!  flirty4-smiley.gif

Those are the Twitter and Facebook status updates on the bottom right Lainie? Because the new forum layout has no intro do any popular posts. Just wanted to check. 

And your new smilies are so stinkin' cute, you and @POTTERLUVA. That facepalm, cursing and especially that Scottish one in the other thread! ^_^

4 hours ago, Kris10 said:

Yeah and I think Sasha needs to go soon. I feel like slapping Abraham and telling him he's being stoopid. 

Lainie and Kris10 like this

6 hours ago, Kris10 said:

@Lainie I loved josh on talking dead! He seems like he'd be a fun guy to hang out with (ps sorry if it was my post that spoiled it for you. I tried to put it a few lines down to avoid that)

Lol no you are fine. :)

Kris10 likes this

5 hours ago, Bern said:

Those are the Twitter and Facebook status updates on the bottom right Lainie? Because the new forum layout has no intro do any popular posts. Just wanted to check. 

And your new smilies are so stinkin' cute, you and @POTTERLUVA. That facepalm, cursing and especially that Scottish one in the other thread! 

My first port of call is usually the "activity" tab to catch up on all the posts .  I usually scan the headings on Mondays to scroll past any Dead posts, but didn't quite manage that yesterday. (It looks like this)

Screenshot_2016-03-22-07-24-40.thumb.png

I am obsessed with those wee smilies. :)

10 hours ago, Kris10 said:

I'm pretty sure it was mine that spoiled it. :unsure:

Lainie likes this

@Lainie Ah, gotcha--well then we can go back to being spoiler-free in the first 2-3 sentences of text. 

Lainie likes this

Roseita, looking fine on talking dead.

As everyone has already said slow burner then a wee explosion towards the end. 

Abraham and Eugene are fast becoming my favourite characters, considering if Eugene had been killed off in S5 it wouldn't have bothered me.

Dibs is dibs, ever picked a *** up by the clean end, biting on dick haha last few episodes these two have brought so much comedy. The talking dead touching the special guests leg. Can see his actual personality coming out in his character.

Denise was a shock, but I doubt will be a miss. Her best bit was reply to Daryl about what she had for breakfast.

Carol, after last weeks episode. Something was always going to happen. Where will she go, another camp? Obviously she'll be back at some point to bake cookies and save the day.

Only two more episodes, getting prepared for the enormous cliff hanger.

Kris10, Lainie and Bern like this

On 3/22/2016 at 0:13 AM, Bern said:

And your new smilies are so stinkin' cute, you and @POTTERLUVA. That facepalm, cursing and especially that Scottish one in the other thread! ^_^

On 3/22/2016 at 5:25 AM, Lainie said:

I am obsessed with those wee smilies. :)

Aren't they the BEST!....I LUV them cuz  they allow me to express myself better without having to use gifs ...the ones in the post bar are  bored.gif.736e59fcf6730e6686f17b0d6a6008 ....and they have some really adorable ones .....I am definitely stealing this one from you @Lainie  flirty4-smiley.gif.2be759fb21c2fd07addcc

Edited by POTTERLUVA
Lainie and Bern like this