• Announcements

• Taylor Strickland

(IMPORTANT) What's next for our community   03/24/2016

Today we're excited to announce the start of our new Facebook group: Universal Community by Orlando Informer. We're also announcing we're closing our forums. This is probably the hardest decision I've made so far with Orlando Informer. This week marks the 2nd anniversary of our forums. Monday will mark 2 years from when I first applied to work with Orlando Informer. I was entering a pool of over 50 applicants, didn't meet the requirements, and didn't think the odds were very high that I'd get the position of Forum Moderator. It never even crossed my mind that not only would I get the position, but that position and these forums would be the start of being able to do what I love as a fulltime job. At its core, our forums have always had two goals: A ) Help families receive specific answers to specific questions, feedback from folks who have been in their shoes, and help them maximize their investment into their vacation. B ) Build a community of people who love to visit Universal, with a foundation of respect and tolerance. I can speak for our entire team on our forums (both past and present), especially our Community Manager @Chuck Plagmann, when I say that we have devoted hours of time every day of the year working towards these two goals. We feel that we've made major strides towards both of our goals, but see the opportunity to help a significantly greater amount of people plan their vacation and add on to our established (and amazing) community. Unfortunately, as time goes on, forums like ours have a tendency to slow down and be replaced by social media. It's the cycle of life for forums. We believe that this Facebook group is the logical next step for our community. Our forums and the content within will remain browseable for the foreseeable future, however you will not be able to submit new content. Our Facebook group, Universal Community by Orlando Informer, will be curated by our same team that ran the OI Forums. @Chuck Plagmann and I will be on the group daily to provide insight and help families plan their vacation. @debi will be monitoring for any Special Needs questions. Our (very talented) authors, like @Marc N. Kleinhenz, will be on the group to talk about their latest articles and your feedback. Finally, @Park Beast will even be dropping by from time to time to talk about our weekly podcast. You can access our Facebook group by searching "Universal Community by Orlando Informer" or visiting UOR.community from any webbrowser. We know this is a substantial change from our forums, but are hopeful you'll be willing to give it a shot. Additionally, we're launching a Facebook group for Universal Hollywood: "Universal Community by California Informer" or visit USH.community. This is the end of the forums, but it is just the beginning of our community. One thing we consistently hear from members of our forums is how different our community is from some of the others found online. We are committed to maintaining this reputation in our Facebook group. I have met a countless number of people, many I call friends, from our OI Forums. I know real bonds (and even relationships) have resulted from the time spent on these forums. I'm looking forward to seeing these bonds develop and new ones form on our new outlet. Please know that this decision was not made lightly or without considering the amount of time many of you have spent on here. I fully believe this is the next step forward to growing our community and helping as many people as possible have the best trip to Universal. I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone for many years to come. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out with feedback -- taylor [at] orlandoinformer.com See you on the Facebook Group, Taylor P.S., Unlimited likes on Facebook, you can thank me in advance.
Bern

The Walking Dead (TV series)

2,122 posts in this topic

Dead thread for fans! Spoilers will be in this thread as we will be discussing past and current episodes.

Thanks to PWT who gave the okay for us to have our own thread. :)  cqz23PU.gif

w3anYiw.gif

Yay. A Walking Dead thread.

Seriously LOVE this show. Last nights episode was epic.

Kathy1 and Amy G like this

We are getting ready to watch it again. The episode was so intense! The "bash & slash" at the beginning was brutal. I will post more after our 2nd viewing!

Kathy1 likes this

I've just watched the first episode on Sky catch up on my iPad. Half way through it they had an add break with a preview of the next episode. Yeah thanks for that Sky and FOX. I hadn't finished watching this one yet. It's a bit like Spooks was and Game of Thrones is and you never know who will survive each week so a huge stonking spoiler in the middle was really not appreciated.

Still bostin opening once again.

Kathy1 and kirbyo0000 like this

The "bash & slash" at the beginning was brutal.

There's a 99.9% chance that I used some language that would make a sailor blush during that scene.

Amy G and Kathy1 like this

I think Eugene is doing whatever he has to to survive. Of course he's full of it. We all know that type!!.....lol

And what the heck do they think they will find in D.C? Just a bunch of zombies running around.....wait, that's what they have there now!!!!!

Kathy1, Amy G and Bern like this

So Beth was snatched by someone in a black car with a white cross on it... might she be with the priest who is in next weeks previews? So good to see Morgan again, looking a little more sane than last we saw. Did Rick leave those x'es on the trees for him? So many questions!

Kathy1 likes this

Anyone else think that Eugene is full of $hit with his theory on how to save the world?

Definitely because he has a bad haircut and seemed a bit too superior in his comment (which made little sense to me). He's toast. He'll never make it all the way to D.C.

So Beth was snatched by someone in a black car with a white cross on it... might she be with the priest who is in next weeks previews? So good to see Morgan again, looking a little more sane than last we saw. Did Rick leave those x'es on the trees for him? So many questions!

Yes, Morgan looks cleaned up and like he has his act together, that's gotta be a good thing for the crew.

Baseball and barbecue at Terminus, Gareth is taking RSVPs in his log book.  :P Wonder when that tool will show up again?

Whack and slice didn't bother me that much, surprisingly, the thing that got me was the nut holding Judith. I was 99% certain they would not let something happen with a baby, that would have sunk to a new low and I'm pretty sure caused some ruckus. It just made me uncomfortable. 

I wonder what Abraham was talking about when he made a comment about telling them something . . .? I can't recall what he said, have to watch that bit again. I'm glad they weren't at Terminus too long, I was thinking that was going to be a bit drawn out, as Chris said on Talking Dead. DH is working nights Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, going to be tough to hold out and wait for him, maybe just have to watch it twice.  :D

Kathy1 likes this

YAY BERNADETTE!!! I am over the moon that you started this topic!!! I can see where my Likes are going to go though Lol!

(And I'm with Amy and Bob about Eugene.)

Bern likes this

He's crying because he got his crossbow back......Duh

3mCAc41.jpg

Feels. when he put his head against her chest, more feels. When Carol led them to Judith and Tyreese...even more feels.But for me, the Daryl/Carol reunion was best of all. The raw emotion that Daryl shows is almost too much for me to stand.

Universal Bob likes this

And yeah, I have my doubts on Eugene's 'plan'.

Also, near the end of the episode, they show Abraham talking to Rosita, telling her 'we'll talk to them..just not yet,'...wonder what that's alluding to as well. 0.o

Love the ending of Season 4. "They don't know who their dealing with".

They found out in the season 5 premier............LOL

amberc and Amy G like this

If it's a vote between spaghetti Tuesday and Daryl, I'm gonna say daryl as well

Amy G and Lainie like this

Anyone else think that Eugene is full of $hit with his theory on how to save the world?

My cat knows more than he does.

amberc and Amy G like this

Ooh.yes.hmmm, Daryl Dixon and bacon? Dream come true there haha.

Amy G likes this

Ooh.yes.hmmm, Daryl Dixon and bacon? Dream come true there haha.

If it's a vote between spaghetti Tuesday and Daryl, I'm gonna say daryl as well

Don't know if this will work

"Zombies for Breakfast"

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152461728015967

Personally speaking I'd much rather have Daryl :wub:

A0umiyt.jpg

Ladies! Control yourselves!  :P This steamroilled off-topic faster than I thought it would!  :lol:

Amy G, Universal Bob and amberc like this

Haha hey, it happens.

Seriously, though, Sundays have become much more interesting again..can't wait to see how long it is until the group's path inevitably crosses with Morgan's.

Amy G likes this

Haha hey, it happens.

Seriously, though, Sundays have become much more interesting again..can't wait to see how long it is until the group's path inevitably crosses with Morgan's.

Morgan looks like he has his sh*t together. We hope. Gareth is not dead though and he is coming back per Talking Dead so there is that obstacle, and no doubt others, ahead (of course, the season just started). Apparently they are sticking a bit closer to the books this season, not sure how much will stick since I've heard they have veered off course considerably on occasion. I'm guessing that may be Father Gabriel's church that Rick is in when he is talking to Carl, who is sitting in a pew. I keep hearing that Glenn might bite the bullet this season . . .we'll have to see. If there is something going on where DH and I cannot watch our favorites together, we usually try to wait for one another but I don' think that will be doable on his later evening shift this Sunday.

Has anyone read/is reading the comic books (oops, graphic novels!)

Future Boy and kirbyo0000 like this

Morgan looks like he has his sh*t together. We hope. Gareth is not dead though and he is coming back per Talking Dead so there is that obstacle, and no doubt others, ahead (of course, the season just started). Apparently they are sticking a bit closer to the books this season, not sure how much will stick since I've heard they have veered off course considerably on occasion. I'm guessing that may be Father Gabriel's church that Rick is in when he is talking to Carl, who is sitting in a pew. I keep hearing that Glenn might bite the bullet this season . . .we'll have to see. If there is something going on where DH and I cannot watch our favorites together, we usually try to wait for one another but I don' think that will be doable on his later evening shift this Sunday.

Has anyone read/is reading the comic books (oops, graphic novels!)

I've read the books, that's why I've not commented much.   They have deviated a bit on several things from the books which keeps those novel readers on there toes.  Big plot points still happen sometimes but they mix and match who gets it.  Chronologically who's dead and who's alive is all over the place from books to screen.  Keeps it fresh. 

Bern, Future Boy, Lainie and 1 other like this