RJP

Advice needed - LEGOLAND Florida for 1-1/2 yo toddler?

Looks like park is or little guys, but maybe a little older than our little guy. Seems like not a lot till they are maybe 3 or so.

Anyone have any input?

Please note that as of March 2016 our forums have been discontinued. Join us in our Universal or Disney Facebook Communities. You can also check out our Universal vacation planning pages or blog for up-to-date information!

There's a whole link on their website "What to do if you're under two"...depends on height...Duplo Valley/Farm is for toddlers...there's a toddler area in the water park...Cragger's Swamp can be a cool down wet area...a lot of rides are tame enough for any height with an adult accompanying...first time we went in 2012, our youngest was almost 3 (36" exactly) so free admission, $3 to water park and he got on a lot - everything except Flying School, Dragon, Project X, Aquajets, Ford Driving School (have to be 6), Royal Joust (have to be 4), and, of course, the big water slides, but by mid afternoon, he had fallen asleep anyway, so that`s when we did those rides with our 5 year old...last week, it was awesome going with them and able to do everything except those water slides still and flight school for my youngest. The Pirate show and Firemen Show are entertaining but may fall at naptime (pirate one did for us).

Is he the only child going? Can he walk independently a lot or will you use a stroller? It is smaller physically than Disney or Universal. Our son walked it in 2012 but he was on shoulders a bit and when he fell asleep, I had to carry him. All the height restrictions are on the site...does he play with blocks at home so that he's interested in building?

My kids are Lego fanatics and have been since 4 & 2 so that's all they want to do...if I just had one child but interested, maybe I'd go to LL with him; one child not interested ie not building, not walking a lot, not that independent, etc., then probably not...I think it would be very boring for him to have to sit in the stroller all day being pushed around and not able to touch and see...it's a very interactive park...and that would turn into frustration for parents taking him out and trying to get him back in the stroller too...I know what mine were like - we would never have been able to do it in a stroller just cause they like picking and pressing buttons, etc...if you have an older child/cousin to take with you, then I'd say yes for sure cause then there would be lots for everyone to do.

yeah he loves to walk around - we do a ton at Disney, less at universal as just not as "neat" for him 

I think I'll try if we can score a deal on tickets one of these days.  He is just now starting to get into the legos.  so maybe I'll let that grow a little before we take the plunge.

thanks for the input!

www.legoland.com/llfmcdonalds   code 2036 (not sure if you need to enter this code anywhere)

Options are on the left to purchase water park combo tickets or parking passes...think you need to print them off once purchased...can’t remember if they let you show it on your phone...Buy one adult, get child over 3 free...

Wait, you said he was under 3, right? Then, he gets in free anyway so Costco is probably best at $49 dollars each for day pass with a $15 upgrade to the water park once you get there...

i hope it isn't too late to chime in.. a few years ago i took my then 3 year old and 2 month old. there was hardly anything my 3 year old could do, since i couldn't ride any rides with him. (it was just me and the kids, husband was deployed). there did seem to be a few rides that allowed younger kids based on riding with someone who met the criteria. if he likes walking around, my DS did get a kick out of all of the things built from the legos and he enjoyed the ski show. 

i hope it isn't too late to chime in.. a few years ago i took my then 3 year old and 2 month old. there was hardly anything my 3 year old could do, since i couldn't ride any rides with him. (it was just me and the kids, husband was deployed). there did seem to be a few rides that allowed younger kids based on riding with someone who met the criteria. if he likes walking around, my DS did get a kick out of all of the things built from the legos and he enjoyed the ski show. 

Yes, it would be hard to do it by yourself, ie one adult with two kids - but that would be at any age if the child didn't meet 48"...36" is the magic height for most of the rides as long as you can accompany him outside of Duplo Valley.

It was only this time with my son at 7, almost 8, that he could get on most by himself and one of us would have to get on with the younger at 42"...there were two rides (Merlin's Challenge and Safari Trek) that let my older be the "responsible accompanying rider" and maybe the other rides would've allowed it if we asked (as they seem to let school groups taller students accompany the shorter ones without being the age 16 that's often mentioned in rules) but we didn't feel comfortable letting them on most by themselves (wouldn't take much of a comment from one to start bickering between the two over who's the boss(LOL) probably resulting in one being pushed off the ride!)...Royal Joust and both Ford Driving Schools are age and height related and only allow single riders...the Firemen Show is for all ages and on Fridays thru Sunday I think...

I'm annual pass holder to LEGOLAND Florida and I would have to agree, there really isn't much for kids under the age of 3 besides what was already mentioned here.  In the big red barn in the new DUPLO Valley in the back left corner is a separate room where there are large soft/foam Lego blocks they can use to build things without getting hurt.  It also has tables and bean bag chairs and TV's for them to enjoy.

There is another new area in the DUPLO Valley area called Tot Spot where they can build with the large soft foam Lego blocks.

http://florida.legoland.com/en/EXPLORE-THE-PARK/Park-Map/DUPLO-Valley/DUPLO-Tot-Spot/

thanks  im gonna hold off for a couple years I think - till he decides to ask for it.  have #2 on the way and I just cant see him loving it yet  - but man does the hotel look cool!!