• Announcements

• Taylor Strickland

(IMPORTANT) What's next for our community   03/24/2016

Today we're excited to announce the start of our new Facebook group: Universal Community by Orlando Informer. We're also announcing we're closing our forums. This is probably the hardest decision I've made so far with Orlando Informer. This week marks the 2nd anniversary of our forums. Monday will mark 2 years from when I first applied to work with Orlando Informer. I was entering a pool of over 50 applicants, didn't meet the requirements, and didn't think the odds were very high that I'd get the position of Forum Moderator. It never even crossed my mind that not only would I get the position, but that position and these forums would be the start of being able to do what I love as a fulltime job. At its core, our forums have always had two goals: A ) Help families receive specific answers to specific questions, feedback from folks who have been in their shoes, and help them maximize their investment into their vacation. B ) Build a community of people who love to visit Universal, with a foundation of respect and tolerance. I can speak for our entire team on our forums (both past and present), especially our Community Manager @Chuck Plagmann, when I say that we have devoted hours of time every day of the year working towards these two goals. We feel that we've made major strides towards both of our goals, but see the opportunity to help a significantly greater amount of people plan their vacation and add on to our established (and amazing) community. Unfortunately, as time goes on, forums like ours have a tendency to slow down and be replaced by social media. It's the cycle of life for forums. We believe that this Facebook group is the logical next step for our community. Our forums and the content within will remain browseable for the foreseeable future, however you will not be able to submit new content. Our Facebook group, Universal Community by Orlando Informer, will be curated by our same team that ran the OI Forums. @Chuck Plagmann and I will be on the group daily to provide insight and help families plan their vacation. @debi will be monitoring for any Special Needs questions. Our (very talented) authors, like @Marc N. Kleinhenz, will be on the group to talk about their latest articles and your feedback. Finally, @Park Beast will even be dropping by from time to time to talk about our weekly podcast. You can access our Facebook group by searching "Universal Community by Orlando Informer" or visiting UOR.community from any webbrowser. We know this is a substantial change from our forums, but are hopeful you'll be willing to give it a shot. Additionally, we're launching a Facebook group for Universal Hollywood: "Universal Community by California Informer" or visit USH.community. This is the end of the forums, but it is just the beginning of our community. One thing we consistently hear from members of our forums is how different our community is from some of the others found online. We are committed to maintaining this reputation in our Facebook group. I have met a countless number of people, many I call friends, from our OI Forums. I know real bonds (and even relationships) have resulted from the time spent on these forums. I'm looking forward to seeing these bonds develop and new ones form on our new outlet. Please know that this decision was not made lightly or without considering the amount of time many of you have spent on here. I fully believe this is the next step forward to growing our community and helping as many people as possible have the best trip to Universal. I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone for many years to come. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out with feedback -- taylor [at] orlandoinformer.com See you on the Facebook Group, Taylor P.S., Unlimited likes on Facebook, you can thank me in advance.
duckworth1974

Royal Pacific Resort - Questions

336 posts in this topic

Is the pool heated during the fall?

What is their for a 28 month old to due at this resort?

I have family staying off site, can they park at the resort and pay and enjoy a day pass if needed as long as they are with me?

The pool is heated. I am not sure what temp.

There is not really anything specifically for that age, but the pool has a play area and a kiddie pool.

There is no "day pass" for people to buy. So, technically non-hotel guest can not use the amenities. But, most of the time staff do not check hotel keys, so they should be OK.

Hope this helps.

Dan Hatfield likes this

I've had friends come and visit us while we were staying at the RP and use the amenities with us. Never had an issue or someone ask for a room key except when using the gym, but since it's $10 a head as long as one person has a room key they don't care. 

There's a nice somewhat hidden hot tub by the walking path to US and IOA. It's adjacent to the cabanas. Several chairs back there and usually no one sees the hot tub.

LucyK, janbrad and Canadian.HP.Fan like this

Thanks for all the info,

We have a 5 day trip planed in Nov this year for my 40th...Figured I would go somewhere where I still feel young

These are some great tips!  I'm typically a non-stop park goer, but I've promised the wife I'd give up one day to spend lounging at the pool.  Any specific tips on making a full day at the Royal Pacific extra relaxing?  Has anyone ever rented one of the cabanas? 

These are some great tips!  I'm typically a non-stop park goer, but I've promised the wife I'd give up one day to spend lounging at the pool.  Any specific tips on making a full day at the Royal Pacific extra relaxing?  Has anyone ever rented one of the cabanas? 

I don't think the Cabanas are really worth the expense since there always seems to be plenty of room poolside at Royal Pacific. But, if you'd like a TV and a dedicated server, could be a fun splurge.

As far as lounging tips, try an order of the shipwrecked nachos! Also, there are various activities for the kids around (and in) the pool. There's also complimentary pool tables.

UYb8OB2.jpg

pbPJBZq.jpg

You may also want to consider a day of pool hopping. Here is an awesome article about it:

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2013/pool-hopping-loews-hotels-universal-orlando-resort/

Canadian.HP.Fan likes this

I don't think the Cabanas are really worth the expense since there always seems to be plenty of room poolside at Royal Pacific. But, if you'd like a TV and a dedicated server, could be a fun splurge.

As far as lounging tips, try an order of the shipwrecked nachos! Also, there are various activities for the kids around (and in) the pool. There's also complimentary pool tables.

You may also want to consider a day of pool hopping. Here is an awesome article about it:

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2013/pool-hopping-loews-hotels-universal-orlando-resort/

Thanks so much for the info!

Oh that looks so yummy! Can't wait to try it come November!

UYb8OB2.jpg

There's a nice somewhat hidden hot tub by the walking path to US and IOA. It's adjacent to the cabanas. Several chairs back there and usually no one sees the hot tub.

The access to the hot tub is where the Gym is. It is also the only indoor hot tub onsite that you do not have to pay extra for. Very nice relaxing area. 

The access to the hot tub is where the Gym is. It is also the only indoor hot tub onsite that you do not have to pay extra for. Very nice relaxing area.

I'm referencing an outdoor tub that does not require gym access. You can sit in the hot tub and watch people walk to universal.

I'm referencing an outdoor tub that does not require gym access. You can sit in the hot tub and watch people walk to universal.

Ah, well you can visit the hot but in the gym area without paying for Gym access. The indoor hot tub at RPR is free to any guest stay on any of the on-sites. 

hpotter29 likes this

Is the pool heated during the fall?

What is their for a 28 month old to due at this resort?

I have family staying off site, can they park at the resort and pay and enjoy a day pass if needed as long as they are with me?

It sounds as if most of this has already been answered, but did want to expand upon the parking question. All you need to get out of the parking lot is an active hotel key (and often old keys work as well). If you give the said family members one of your room keys, or use it at the gate for them you'll be good to go.

One of the best parts of the Royal Pacific pool area is the Royal Bali Sea splash park area. There are water cannons and plenty of areas to get drenched and splash around in. I saw many parents with young kids enjoying this area. Not only do you get wet but you get to climb around an area that is designed like a ship. It was a lot of fun and a nice change of pace from the pool.

Owls_R_A_Hoot likes this

UYb8OB2.jpg

pbPJBZq.jpg

I love the cabanas! I think it's a perfect way to relax - 

I love the cabanas! I think it's a perfect way to relax -

Is there a particular cabana that seems more secluded than the others? I've seen pictures here on OI, great coverage on the RPH. Do you have an additional info on the cabanas or RPH in general for a couple without children?

how are the rooms at this hotel are they nice looking ?

I was looking at the rooms and is it worth it to pay extra for a suite or a room at club level or is it better to get standard room?

how are the rooms at this hotel are they nice looking ?

I was looking at the rooms and is it worth it to pay extra for a suite or a room at club level or is it better to get standard room?

How many are you traveling with?

One of the nice things about the suites is one part of a group can watch TV, read, or what have you, while the other part of the group is sleeping in the separate room.

Just me and my bestfriend will be going in october.

we would like to stay in a nice room when we come to visit.

And I saw if you get a room at club level thats snacks and beer is included at night.

And I saw if you get a room at club level thats snacks and beer is included at night.

Yes, if you get a room on the club level you will have access to the lounge. You can also have a regular room and just get the access to the lounge added onto your stay. That usually costs $100/night and can sell out.

Have you checked out the Orlando Informer Page dedicated to the RPR rooms yet? That should help layout the differences between them!

In which tower is the fitness center located?

Thanks!!!

The cost for a club level room versus a standard room is usually around $100 per day extra.   For my husband and I, it is not worth the extra cost.   We rarely spend $100 a day on food and drinks for just the 2 of us.   We would rather spend that money at the wonderful restaurants on property. 

As far as the standard rooms go, they are lovely and plenty of room for you and your friend.    We are season pass holders and stay at RPR at least twice a year.  My go-to "happy place."

What kind of view do you get if you book standard RPR?  Any suggestions on requested areas for room location?  Can you ask for a theme park view, or is that a different room category?  TIA

In which tower is the fitness center located?

Thanks!!!

This is somewhat of a difficult question, the fitness center isn't really a part of any of the towers. On the ground floor, there's a path wedged between the pool and various amenities on the left. One of the amenities is the fitness center. It's not hard to find once you're there.

Hope this helps.